Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can you run Rockshox Dart 3 with a Scandal 29er?
  • rockitman

Hopefully getting a 21" Scandal 29er frame from Santa tomorrow.

Would I be OK running the Dart 3 forks with it? Just found some cheap online…

clubber
    Free Member

Only if they're the 29er version

rockitman

thanks

njee20
    Free Member

You realise that they're really really budget forks and are horrible anyway?

tomhughes46

Agreed; my girlfriend has a pair of thr 26" versions. They are heavy, yet flex terribly. The 'lockout' and 'preload' adjusters seem to do nothing. They barely move, so I can't comment on how well the rebound is damped but I assume it's probably not great. I can't image the 29" version would be any better, maybe even more flexy as longer?

For the money I would rather have a nice rigid fork. Or a naff rigid fork. Or run around carrying my bike in one hand and front wheel in the other.

Go to a shop and squidge a few pairs and see what you think before parting with any cash…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Rebas, not Darts! Although not cheap, I've seen a few online shops selling Reba29s for ~£300.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Or run around carrying my bike in one hand and front wheel in the other."

going a bit too far!

markenduro
    Free Member

Even rebas are flexy unless you get the 20mm version. Save up for them or get the onone carbon fork

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can you run Rockshox Dart 3 with a Scandal 29er?’ is closed to new replies.