Viewing 26 posts - 281 through 306 (of 306 total)
  • Can this be right?
  • twohats
    Free Member

LOL

djglover
    Free Member

LOL @ zokes the cyber bully

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Smee – I think you will find many folk agree with Zokes.

If you can’t take it dont dish it out.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Rich
    Free Member

Imagine if smee was reported every time he was offensive! 😆

The admin would be overwhelmed. 😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

Smee
    Free Member

Rich – I think you’d find that the number would be very small and only ever when I had been subjected to abuse first, but don’t let reality get in the way of anything.

zokes
    Free Member

but don’t let reality get in the way of anything.

Not that you’d ever do that Smee, eh?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Smee – several times you have been abusive without being abused first. I have been tempted to report you for your behaviour and general nastyness

Smee
    Free Member

TJ – show me where.

G
    Free Member

Look if you lot want to make up your own thread, thats fine, but not on mine please.

Now then, about my mate…….. 🙄

zokes
    Free Member

Nar, letting Smee demonstrate that he thinks he is a superior human being to the rest of us is far more amusing though….

G
    Free Member

I understood that he was….

zokes
    Free Member

🙄

boxelder

Haven’t read all of this, but he would have a very good chance on appeal I would think, unless they’ve become more hard line recently. Did the photo show he was driving? If he is father, sole bread winner etc, an appeal has to be worth a try. Either that or employ a driver/assistant?

G
    Free Member

Took a brief with him, gave it the full monty in court, and this is waht he got. An appeal is a) expensive, b) Very unlikely to succeed, and c) unlikely to come to court prior to the original sentnce being completed, so no real point frankly.

Regarding employing someone, he is a small one man self employed fella, scrapes a living, but thats about it. Simply put he can’t afford it. Currently driving a 10 year old motor sort of thing.

Apparently on the day in question they were handing out 6 month bans like confetti. court officials etc all displaying surprise at the severity.

IdleJon

From the local paper today:

Bannister, who qualified as an advanced police driver a month before the accident, was driving on the M4 near Swansea when his BMW 5 series spun out of control.
    He received minor injuries when the car flew through the air on the night of January 13, 2008, after hitting water at 113mph.
    The crown court heard that Bannister was stood down from an emergency call shortly before joining the motorway, but continued to drive at high speeds, reaching more than 120mph.

The guy was given a prison sentence of 5 months, served 20 days before being bailed and the sentence has now been quashed because it may affect whether he can go back to work as a traffic policeman.

Taking into account that he has served time, he has had a nominal fine of £50.

I think that’s a better comparison than the Rhyl cyclists, G.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Should he be tazared G?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It however is possible to have an accident where people die without committing and offence.

Indeed it is. I know 2 people who have killed someone through no fault of their own.

G
    Free Member

Its also possible to die on the roads due to anothers negligence or incompetence without anyone giving a shit apparently, so whats your point caller??

zokes
    Free Member

IdleJon – Member

From the local paper today:

Bannister, who qualified as an advanced police driver a month before the accident, was driving on the M4 near Swansea when his BMW 5 series spun out of control.
    He received minor injuries when the car flew through the air on the night of January 13, 2008, after hitting water at 113mph.
    The crown court heard that Bannister was stood down from an emergency call shortly before joining the motorway, but continued to drive at high speeds, reaching more than 120mph.

The guy was given a prison sentence of 5 months, served 20 days before being bailed and the sentence has now been quashed because it may affect whether he can go back to work as a traffic policeman.

Taking into account that he has served time, he has had a nominal fine of £50.

I think that’s a better comparison than the Rhyl cyclists, G.

Or how about THIS for the other side of the coin….

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Re “the other side of the coin” above

Love the quote from the speeding plod as to why he was doing 130 on a public road:

In a statement read out in court, he said: “I was advised to familiarise myself with vehicles, so when there was a need to respond at speed you were aware of its performance.”

Essentially practising, do hope that the Neurosurgeon who will be operating on my wife in a couple of weeks won’t be just “familiarising himself with the spinal chord”.

There are places he can go to drive quickly away from the public – what an absolute knob.

G
    Free Member

won’t be just “familiarising himself

Yeah, but there must have been a point when he was surely? Bet he didn’t come out of the womb with an inate ability?

The feds like everyone else do have to train and practice their skills, it is normal though for this to be authorised in advance with proper risk assessments etc in place. Sounds a lot to me like this guy was playing and got caught, otherwise it should have been easily sorted prior to any court proceedings.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Since speeding fines against ambulance drivers have been axed the simple solution is to buy an ambulance and drive everywhere with the blues and twos going – simples…..

thegreatape
    Free Member
    tankslapper
    Free Member

Can’t see the problem – he was on the snow not on the road at the time, so how is it a Road Traffic offence?

Viewing 26 posts - 281 through 306 (of 306 total)

The topic ‘Can this be right?’ is closed to new replies.