Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can I get a decent rear wheel for say £50
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

My rear is on it’s last legs, I keep snapping spokes, it’s been trued more times than I can remember and if I can get the FD to sign off a new one I I’m gonna buy one! £50 looks somewhat impossible to get a decent wheel, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

RealMan
    Free Member

2nd hand one with not too much use maybe? Buy cheap parts, then build yourself? Superstar got any that would do?

wrightyson
    Free Member

More than happy to buy 2nd hand it’s just finding the one, changed the front a while back after a monumental failure left it looking like a pringle!!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Worth checking the for sale section, maybe posting an ad in the wanted section, then having a look on ebay, as well as superstar etc. CRC might have a bargain, keep your eyes out, something will pop up.

donsimon
    Free Member

Decathlon, I’m no hardcore jumping jedi, but for the general XC I do the cheapo Decathlon is fine.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Ebay is your friend…. a lot of people upgrade wheels as soon as they buy a high end bike and flog the OEM ones on ebay. I’ve currently got a pair of Crossrides on my singlespeed which I bought for £65 for the pair including tyres – they were very little used at the time.

There’s loads of dross on there though. Search within wheels and tyres under complete wheels using keywords like xt, mavic, hope etc to get to the good stuff.

If you’re after new wheels then Merlin always used to have pretty good deals.

wrightyson
    Free Member

They will get some hammer to be fair DS, even tho it’s an xc bike it’s done inners uplift a coupla times and the local stuff is pretty rocky to be fair!!

MicArms

How about a brand new Deore rear wheel for £27 quid? check out on one website..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can I get a decent rear wheel for say £50’ is closed to new replies.