Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • can i ask your advice about a very generous gesture.
  • bradley
    Free Member

We have some very wealthy family friends who’s wealth isn’t important to us and they are so down to earth and real that you’d never know but they get quite uptight when out for a meal if it’s ‘their turn’ to pay and you try to offer. Hard because you wanna pay your bit but know that by pushing it you’ll upset them, almost turning them down sort of.

My 94 year old nan is the same. I changed a light bulb for her the other day and she insisted I took £50! I said no, I’ve only been here 5 minutes, how about £5 etc. She eventually raised her voice and shouted at me telling me I will take the money and stop being silly. We just used it to pay for her shopping that week, silly old thing!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Set yourself a goal of the money the guitar is valued at – and then do charity stuff to the value of/fundraising – enter a sponsored bike rode or two, and when you get to your goal, message the guy saying as he wouldnt take the cash, you donated it, but his giving the guitar was the spur for you doing so – so you got something nice, you were motivated to achieve something, and then you did something nice, and its all down to him!

Edukator
    Free Member

You’re flat broke and he’s not.

Also don’t overestimate the value. It’s an interesting instrument but the parts can be found for not very much money. Telecasters are the most copied and modded guitars out there as all the parts are so interchangeable between the brands and cheap copies. I love the things, the modern-C neck fits my hand, they’re easy to set up and sound, errrr, tele!

I’ve got a jump bike I’m taking to the second-hand shop, I’ll price it less than the fork and I hope some kid will enjoy the bike. It’ll be so cheap he/she’ll probably think it’s nicked. I’m just recycling and can’t be bothered to strip it and sell the parts.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘can i ask your advice about a very generous gesture.’ is closed to new replies.