• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by frenkstayl-spam.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camping Northern Spain
  • mildred

Looking at somewhere, anywhere between Santander and St Jean de Luz in France.

We normally camp on the French coast just below Mimizan, but fancied a week somewhere else this year.

We like QUIET, rural, good beach, clean facilities.

Anyone got any ideas/experience?

Stoner
    Free Member

Unfortunately my experience is to the west of Santander.

There are some lovely spots but generally rocky coastline across Asturias but more sandy beaches over at Gallicia.

doug_basqueMTB.com

There’s some lovely wee campsites around here. That’s between San Sebastian and Hendaye. I think that the nicest one I’ve seen so far is in Jaizkibel and is called something imaginative like “Jaizkibel Camping”. It’s very quiet and rural but you can drive very quickly to less rural if you want.

Beautiful beaches all around here. I’ve just been swimming off Hendaye beach (just next door to that camping) and it’s about 2kms of sandy lovliness! Unfortunately the east-most corner is nudist and saw a lot of old women’s lady parts which was unpleasant.

There’s another camping just round the corner which is above Hondarribia and on the cliff looking out over the sea. Give me 2 sec’s and I’ll see if I can google it for you.

Right, here’s the Jaizkibel one: jaizkibel camping
    And the other one – called Faro. Faro Camping

You’re right in the middle of some nice mountain biking there too. Here’s some pics that are right next to those campsites:

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3654/3285421496_e2013e9b10_m.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3429/3247362328_7da4e6f38d_m.jpg[/img]

doug_basqueMTB.com

Give’s a shout if you want more info. doug@basqueMTB.com

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi guys sorry to hijak your post how much is the ferry this time of year?
    (from uk to northern Spain)
    Worked over there a few years ago and would love to go back for a holiday!

Mackem

Ive stayed in el Faro camping in hondarribia, its pretty nice, just dont use the restaurant just before the entrance. Theres also a campsite in Mundaka which is a famous surf beach, not far from Gernika which is a good night out, thats on the train line so you could pop into Bilbao if you fancied. Theres a campsite in Gorliz, nearer to bilbao, very good beach and some good biking, especially the downhill tracks, and its a 20 minute walk to the metro.

mildred

The ferry cost us £930 return (ouch!)

going with toddlers so no biking this time around.

thanks all for the info’.

mark

Mackem

If you get an afternoon pass and you´re in the Bilbao area let me know. Even if you dont want a bike and just want a guide/drinking pal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camping Northern Spain’ is closed to new replies.