Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Campervan covers?
  • ElShalimo

I’ve been thinking about getting a breathable waterproof cover for our campervan to stop the build up of green gunk and dirt over the winter.

Has anyone got one?
    Would you recommend one?
    Do you get worse condensation using one?

Stoner
    Free Member

Yep – I have a Kampa cover on the T4 this winter for the first time.

Am pretty impressed with it. The fit is just about right (its a model specific one), plenty of elasticated hems, zips, and underbody straps to keep it in place. No flapping. Nice weight to the cover, it packs in to a big bag – it’s not a small thing.

http://www.kampa.co.uk/accessories/storage-covers

eddiebaby
    Free Member

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Surely you should be using it through the winter? I had a campervan to use in the winter, ‘cos I got too cold in a tent.
    Don’t cover it, use it, it’s when campervan’s are most useful 😀

towzer

(*motorhome) – phoned manufacturer and they were middling on a cover (can scratch etc, pita if no door hole), suggestion was to put an oil heater inside to stop damp – so we’ve now got an oil heater on a timer (we had noticed the dampness inside). Must admit the green stuff on the outside is irritating me tho..

*I’m sure you know – but make sure u drain any camper water stuff, a mate didn’t do his caravan and it all popped and it was sieve like when he tried to fill it up…

Other tips I got were:
    – leave handbrake off (can seize) and brick it
    – clean/lube window seals (and toilet seal/blade(sorry) etc with silicon spray to stop sticking (*probably more a motorhome thing)
    – clean fridge/off/leave door ajar

ElShalimo

Cheers
    It’s a SWB Transit full conversion but the green crap is a pain.
    It will get used over the winter, we just need some time and a break in this crappy weather

All water drained and fridge left open

Stoner
    Free Member

check out fenwicks bobby dazzler rinse agent. It does kind of work at keeping black streaks and green at bay between washes.

Davesport

As far as damp on the inside goes I’d lose the heater. It’s a common myth that making it warm will lead to the interior being less damp. Having the heater on a timer makes things even worse. Hot & cold cycling are part of the process which encourages condensation.

Personally I leave open as much ventilation as possible. Both roof lights open about an inch and get a breeze going through the place. I go in every couple of weeks and turn the bedding over just to give it a proper airing on both sides.

Sealing the place up is a road to nowhere & adding a cover will keep the green gunk & streaks from forming, but I can’t see it helping preventing condensation inside.

D.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Campervan covers?’ is closed to new replies.