Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Cameron v Miliband
  • chewkw
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    The North London Geek point was really pathetic and ill-befitting of Paxo. That was simply rude.

You mean from Golders Green?

😛

dazh

The North London Geek point was really pathetic and ill-befitting of Paxo. That was simply rude.

Agreed. He let himself down I thought. Most of his questioning of EM was about his brother, his image, or his background. I don’t recall him asking Cameron if he was a posh country knob with a trust fund. Among people who actually think about their vote though I think EM will get some sympathy so I doubt he’s too bothered.

LHS
    Free Member

It is all about personal robustness, something that you have to have in waves to be Prime Minister and something that has been doubted for a long long time about Ed. You need presence, robustness and a strong personality to lead your own country as well as its interests abroad and Ed just does not cut it.

footflaps

Agreed. He let himself down I thought. Most of his questioning of EM was about his brother, his image, or his background. I don’t recall him asking Cameron if he was a posh country knob with a trust fund.

Well Paxo is self proclaimed One Nation Tory millionaire….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

LHS – Member
    It is all about personal robustness, something that you have to have in waves to be Prime Minister

Give them both a STW login and let the posse at them……

kimbers
    unklehomered
    Free Member

vid much related

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Ohxr3RbP4[/video]

Painey
    Free Member

ed won according the BBC

BBC favouring the left? In other shock news…

dazh

Is that same BBC which employs Nick Robinson, the ex-young conservative and president of the Oxford university Conservative Union, as political editor, Andrew Neil, Michael Portillo, Jenny Bond, and until recently Jeremy Paxman, Jeremy Clarkson and Stephanie Flanders? All raging communists the lot of them! 🙂

fr0sty125
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    In the interests of transparency, how exactly ?

dazh – Member
    Me we ask how? Always interesting to get an insight that comes from behind the media firewall. I’ve got a mate who used to work in the lobbying industry and had lots of contact with MPs on both sides. What he used to tell me was quite interesting and sometime quite eye-opening.

There are certainly eye-opening things going on in, all the parties. I think it is part of human nature, especially as politics attracts egos.

I’m not an elected person, spent a few years of this Parliament working with the Lab front bench as my job.

aracer
    Free Member

I wonder what Labour’s corporate paymasters will have to say about that.

p.s. I think it’s actually Alex, as he’s the one who’ll be an MP.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

if it’s corporate paymasters – they will probably love the reducing corporate taxation stunt but may be dismayed at the lack of overall logic (the FT suggests more of the latter today)

why is Flanders on that list – you do know who two of her old flames were don’t you?

dazh

Oh I was just casting aspersions on from the fact that she’s now an asset manager in the city. Not many non-tories in that environment. Happy to be corrected if that’s the case 🙂 The rest though are guilty as charged.

dazh
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

There remain plenty of Labour MPs who voted in favour of the Iraq war are there not? Only Diane Abbot can claim to have been anti, and even she wasn’t so principled to have considered it worth resigning over (unlike Robin Cook).

Actually there were 139 Labour MPs who opposed the Iraq War compared to 15 Tory MPs who were opposed.

And Robin Cook resigned as Foreign Secretary, what exactly did you expect Diane Abbot to resign from?

I personally saw Diane Abbot on an anti-Iraq War demonstration milling unaccompanied among the tens/hundreds of thousands other protesters, she was clearly there on a matter of principle.

ninfan
    Free Member
    allthepies
    Free Member

There are a few 🙂

clicky

aracer
    Free Member

Because it’s the only left leaning option for the minority of BBC staff who don’t prefer either the DT, Times or Fail?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Daz – a hint Ed^2 – the mind boggles actually!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Then why do they buy so many copies of the Guardian?

Presumably for exactly the same reason that I do despite not agreeing with its political stance – it has a broader, more extensive, and in depth range of news, than any other newspaper.

I suppose you think the BBC should keep up with current affair news stories by purchasing Britain’s best selling newspaper ….. the Sun 😆

footflaps

Because it has quality journalism, something very lacking in most UK papers. It’s also the only independent broadsheet.

Northwind

ninfan – Member

Funny, your link shows that they buy far more right of centre newspapers.

ninfan
    Free Member

Not compared with the public in general they don’t

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair Z-11 your link is totally unreliable. The source for that alleged information is a right-wing anti-Muslim fanatically pro-Israeli BBC hater, so hardly a “neutral” source I’m sure you’ll agree.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Miliband talking tough 😉

duffing up the leader of the free world
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11499438/Ed-Miliband-is-peddling-a-lie-about-his-volte-face-on-Syria.html

and kicking Rupert in the unmentionables

Miliband v Murdoch

kimbers

big n daft using 2 of the most biased and unreliable possible sources on the internet with a clear agenda to smear milliband 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh great save…no really it was 😕

Northwind

ninfan – Member

Oh I see. So your link doesn’t support your argument, is what you’re saying?

mefty
    Free Member

Landale isn’t sound at all.

ctk
    Free Member

Thought Ed came across as OK, I liked him when he got cross with Paxo towards the end of the interview.

But he things he pre-plans make himn look daft. (hand in pocket “whats your name” etc) FFS

big_n_daft
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

big n daft using 2 of the most biased and unreliable possible sources on the internet with a clear agenda to smear milliband

so Miliband has met Rupert more than once? isn’t he supposed to declare those meetings,

as for Dan, are you saying his analysis was incorrect

what is your analysis of the days leading up to the Syria vote?

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Cameron v Miliband’ is closed to new replies.