Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Camera stolen – advice
  • woody2000

I had my car broken into last night and sadly had my camera nicked (I know, it shouldn't have been in the car!). I know pretty much 99.9% where the person who nicked it will have come from and I'm considering putting up a little sign in the local shop offering a reward for the return of the memory card (photos and video of my baby boy on it). Bad idea? Good idea, how should I word it?

deluded
    Free Member

Make sure that you do not use words to the effect that no questions will be asked, or that the person producing the goods will be safe from apprehension or inquiry or that you will pay to get the article back. Should you do so you may commit an offence under s. 23 Theft Act 1968.

All the best.

woody2000

Aah, good advice as that's exactly what I would have done (offered a reward). So, just appeal to their "better nature" then?

deluded
    Free Member

Yeah, basically you can't advertise a reward.

You could appeal to their better nature but I doubt that would get you very far, knowing the sort of shite that does this type of thing.

Have you reported it to the police?

project
    Free Member

Dont forget to put your full name and address on as well as a landline number for them to contact you,and when they ring up dont forget to tell them when youre working, and on holiday,

SO THEY CAN COME ROUND AND ROB YOUR STUFF.

Sadly a lot of people already do this, and the above was a warning not to, so just be advised, meet at somewhere with cctv, just incase something kicks off, and have a few mates parked round the corner, you never know.

Best wishes on getting the camera or card back though, aoh anreport it to the police, so they have a record of theft in your area.

woody2000

Yep, reported first thing. My plan was just a "Please give it back" in as direct a way as I can, with my mobile number as a contact. Interestingly, I found some of the other things that had been nicked and bumped into a policeman who'd been sent to investigate the stuff that had been dumped, but not the theft. Funny old world 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Camera stolen – advice’ is closed to new replies.