Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Camber Evo / Stumpy Evo 29
  • chrismac

charliemort – Member

why wouldn’t it cope with the alps?

The last time we took a 120mm 29 to the alps the forks died after 4 days riding. Oil exploded everywhere and the repair bill meant new forks were the order of the day. Fortunatley we had a spare set of forks with us so after some swapping around we had 2 rideable bikes still.

I dont know what caused them to explode, we were riding tech natural trails not park stuff.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I would seriously question your logic there .

scandal42
    Free Member

scandal42
    Free Member

Who’s logic and where?

*Oh that logic there*

charliemort

The last time we took a 120mm 29 to the alps the forks died after 4 days riding.

The logic is – I once took a bike with 160mm forks and 650b wheels to the Alps. The forks blew. Therefore all 160mm forks on a 650b bike should never be taken to the Alps………. ie logic is utter bollox!!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Scandal42 I’m 5’10” with a 34″ inside leg and its large. 70mm haven stem. Fits a treat. Sorry for the delayed reply. Rides lovely. The rim widths are massive! Brilliant grippy fun. Low BB. Ive come from a Solaris which was ace too.

lexinoo
    Free Member

Hmmm, considering the same bikes along with a giant trance 2,anthem sx.Thoughts anyone?

scandal42
    Free Member

Lack of dropper and reba is only thing putting me off at the price but its a great ride and cant really try the alternatives that include better fork and dropper as mainly German direct sales.

Stumpjumper is alternative but looks a bit awkward and high to me.

Cheers rumbled, im probably nearer medium to be honest, only a 31 inside leg.

scandal42
    Free Member

Just been over to Rutland Cycles and had a sit on the large, didnt feek bad at all and with a shorter stem should be just perfect.

I’m hovering over the dreaded button 😯

Oh, what size reverb are people running in the large frame?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Had my second ride today. Just over three hours – mix of XC and a few steeper bits with drops and bombholes and mild DH! OK on the long mile munching and climbs but really good in the trails and the steeper stuff. Like the dual ring as opposed to my old triple and certainly no need for the triple anywhere. Great fun all rounder.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Camber Evo / Stumpy Evo 29’ is closed to new replies.