Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Calling the STW vigilante mob!
  • palmer77
    Free Member

Ok, so my wife was biking to work today riding from Langford and just coming into Henlow in Bedfordshire and she was hit by a Grey Ford Ka. Unfortunately she did not get the registration plate nor did the witness that saw it happen. The impact was from the wing mirror which broke off and caused bruising and swelling to her elbow. She’s not had a chance to get it looked at but there may be a fracture. The wing mirror broke off and she managed to recover the parts. She has reported it to the local Police and I’ve driven around the nearby town and villiages tonight looking for the vehicle. I plan to go to the location tomorrow morning at the same time it happened on the chance that they pass by again. If they do I’m hoping to get a picture of the vehicle and the damage and pass this on to the Police. Any other suggestions?

Tom83

Hope your wife is mends quickly. Best bet is to go again at the same time, or maybe ask local Ford dealers to let you/the police know if anyone goes in for a replacement mirror?

takisawa2

Concentrate on your Wife mate. Scum like that driver always gets whats coming to them eventually.

Bez

If you’re taking pictures and you get lucky, do your best to get one from the front with the driver in it.

All but the smallest petrol stations have CCTV (with ANPR) these days, you could ask plod if they can tap into those.

Must have been a solid whack to take the mirror right off 🙁

palmer77
    Free Member

It was on a 60 limit going into a 30 so who knows what speed they were doing. I thought about the Ford Dealers, I think I’ll just give it a shot to see if they pass by tomorrow but just want to make them realise that they could have easily have created a widower with a two and four year old. Fairly pissed off!

AndyRT
    Free Member

Blimey! Were there any municipal cameras or shops in the area that might have caught the event on camera?

I hope your wife is ok.

palmer77
    Free Member

Thanks, she’s a tough cookie. Unlikely to have any cameras about I’m afraid, it’s rural Bedfordshire and tv only went to colour last year 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I admire your plan, and would be having similar thoughts if I was in your position, but your problem is that even if you manage to identify the car involved, you can’t prove who was driving.

Best wishes to your wife.

razor1548
    Free Member

By the Koi Carp centre roundabout (always a risk riding around that at busy times) or further into Henlow?

I live very close but suppose there is nothing I can do to help other than keep my eyes peeled for Ford Ka drivers being bastages to riders. There are probably too many of those to count though.

I hope she feels better and is back on the bike again soon.

Edit: I would be interested to know which roundabout and what direction the car headed in. When too lazy to go to the woods I do tent to ride through many of the villages around the area. Never any harm in an extra pair of eyes! 🙂

palmer77
    Free Member

It wasn’t the roundabout but the road coming into Henlow from Langford just before the 30 sign. She was heading into Henlow and the car just drove past and hit her, wasn’t even trying to pull in after overtaking.

palmer77
    Free Member

Sorry, double post

gusamc
    Free Member

hope missus sorts out ok

Might be better to do same day of week/sameish time.

Also can you forwardtrack/backtrack car route and look for cameras ?

Alcopop
    Free Member

Hope she mends well,best of luck in catching up with them

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Calling the STW vigilante mob!’ is closed to new replies.