Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Calling East Lancashire folk. Tell me about Royton
  • binners

Whats it like then? How 'League of Gentlemen is it? Do the local inhabitants have the same amount of digits as city folk?

And more importantly: whats the riding like round there?

As a confirmed city dweller, I'm obviously scared when not surrounded by tall buildings and drug dealers

RustySpanner

Go for a drive round and have a look, but it might not be for you TBH. 😀

The Railway used to do a nice pint of Lees (yes, honest!) but it's basically just a suburb of Oldham, and not a particularly salubrious one at that. You've still got a bit of a ride to decent trails and it can be a bit rough.
    To be frank, IMO, it's dying on it's arse.
    I don't think I'd really want to live there & I'm from Moston.

Uppermill/Delph/Greenfield etc much nicer & miles better access to trails, but traffic congestion during rush hour is awful.

Mossley very pleasant, has loads of trails on the doorstep, reasonable house prices, very good train service to Manchester, a nice curry house
    and better access to the Peak.

Nice article in the mag BTW, hope all OK!

binners

Thanks fella!

I've have a potential contract working there and don't know the area at all. I wouldn't be living there but was wondering about the potential for disappearing off into the hills come 5. But I am giving some thought to moving further North from the city. Thanks for the advice

ourmaninthenorth

Royton is OK, compared with Middleton and Oldham (it lies between the two), but I wouldn't choose to spend too much time there.

Mind you, I did once spend 6 months working in Middleton, so anywhere is more salubrious than that.

RustySpanner

Tandle Hills OK for a quick blast, and there are some cheeky jumps/trails just off Buckstones Road further on toward Milnrow, but not really a huge amount as far as I know.

Only half an hours drive from Littleborough or Delph though.

Good luck with the job.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Calling East Lancashire folk. Tell me about Royton’ is closed to new replies.