Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Call the Midwife…… WTAF
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Those kinda programmes are designed to make the watcher comatose, they’re written that way to keep the watcher indoors.

I kinda like em’ for that reason alone. 😆

nealglover
    Free Member

they’re written that way to keep the watcher indoors.

All TV programmes are written that way.

Because that’s where where all the TVs are.

CountZero

We don’t watch much tv, if at all, however seasonal exceptions made for Doctor Who and Snow White and the Huntsman, both of which were fab.

Absolutely, really enjoyed both of them. Did watch Oliver!, because my g/f likes it, and can sing along with all the songs, but I was browsing stuff on the pad and only paying vague attention to it.

binners

Even the most cursory glance at the TV schedules over Christmas will remind you why god invented Netflix, Amazon Prime and on-demand box sets.

Is there a Miranda Christmas Special? I bet there is, isn’t there?

We spent a fantastic Christmas evening binge watching Game of Thrones. Nothing says Christmas like tits, dragons and massive gory blood-fests 😀

binners

Oops. Double post

cloudnine
    Free Member

For Binners

Is there a Miranda Christmas Special?

Home

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Why do people like Miranda? She’s also shite

binners

Having spent the evening watching people being disembowelled with huge swords, I can honestly say i’d rather have that happen to me than watch the Miranda Christmas Special

Scamper
    Free Member

Luckily didn’t have to endure much of CTM as the wife missed the first 10 mins so will wait until Catch Up. It sounded crap just listening to a bit from the kitchen – even more depressing it’s filmed over the road from us.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You do realise different people like different things?

If you were not here to point out things like this we would all be sat in the dark. Keep up the insights

inkster
    Free Member

Got plea here but ‘Love Actually’ won the vote here. I’m sure you could chop up of all the Richard Curtis tripe and it would make no difference. It’s all the same crap joke recycled endlessly

At least it was better than last year when Downton Abbey got the nod. Definitely the worst thing I have ever seen, the worst script, acting, direction, camerawork, lighting, editing etc ever committed celluloid or digital rendering.

We need a new platform that would allow us to do mash up’s, A mash up of Downton Abbey and Vikings would make for much better entertainment.

IdleJon

If you were not here to point out things like this we would all be sat in the dark. Keep up the insights

Ah but this thread is full of people complaining about one type of crap TV and then going to watch another type of crap TV.

Call the Midwife vs Game of Thrones?

Miranda vs Dr Who?

None of it’s Oscar Wilde, is it? 😆

zippykona

When I can no longer take the drivel that Mrs Zip watches ( to be fair it’s mainly Midsomer and Death In Paradise ,no dancing or singing) I watch the programme in a Gogglebox style.
    Basically you have to put on a northern accent and be real enthusiastic about whatever shit you are watching and say how amazing it is.
    You can also laugh uncontrollably at the **** from the oak furniture land advert.
    Naughty really, as we’ve always agreed that she’s in charge of the telly and I’m in charge of the music.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Laptop, earphones, Vikings, bliss!

Jamie
    Free Member

I for one hope they do a Mrs Brown x Call The Midwife crossover.

binners

None of it is Oscar Wilde, is it?

Oh come on…. who doesn’t love tits and dragons?!

You can keep your Oscar Wilde 😉

kelvin

Upstart Crow was on at the same time as Call the Midlife Crisis… see… something for eveyone…

neilwheel
    Free Member

I watched Idiocracy again last night…life imitating art.

dannyh
    Free Member

My wife just insisted on having Call the Bloody Midwife on again. Then monopolised the iPad at the same time. I just had to get up and leave the room and do other stuff. 🙁

Call the Midwife is the most utter **** steaming pile of shit that ever graced my telly.

I couldn’t avoid the last couple of minutes. Ex bloody Eastenders actor bloke (who was a notably poor actor, even managing to stand out in Eastenders) delivered the following line to the midwifey woman who is learning to drive (in yet another scintillating plot line).

“Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth……..worked a treat for me at El Alamein”.

Face palm, face palm, harder face palm, I’m just hitting myself now……

Utter crap.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Tonights episode was especially notable for the CGI snow and strange tinting they’d given to their faces.

That and the awful story, script, etc.

Wives seem to love it though.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Call the Midwife…… WTAF’ is closed to new replies.