Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Caliper Hose Banjo washers … what do you use?
  • fisha
    Free Member

I bought a second hand set of Hope M4’s recently and which have come with a set of goodrich hoses on them. When fitting them to the bike, I undid the front banjo to adjust the line of the front hose. Unfortunately, i’ve split the rubber o-ring seal, and now the seal is gone totally.

Its got me wondering though. Should it really only have an o-ring seal? With the current setup, I have:

Caliper : Banjo : Rubber O-ring : Bolt

Should it not have a copper washer seal on each side of the banjo?

Caliper : Copper Washer : Banjo : Copper Washer: Bolt

A browse on the web seems to show a couple of different setups .

This has 2 washers:

Where these have 1:

What do you lot have?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

All mine have a copper washer each side of the banjo

fisha
    Free Member

Thanks TJ. Confirms what I thought should have been the case. I’ll get some washers asap.

Junkyard
    Free Member

contact hope bet they post them out FOC

coatesy
    Free Member

Hope fittings have copper washers, Goodridge have O-rings, and are recessed to take them, if I remember correctly.Probably not a good idea to fit copper washers to fittings designed to take O-rings.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well waddaya know? I went to have a closer look at mine as I have one Goodrich hose amongst 8 hope brakes – and on the Goodrich there is no sign of a copper washer 😳 At the banjo – its the only fitting I have not had apart IIRC

Onzadog
    Free Member

As above. Both work but only when matched to the correct fitting. If you split an oring, replace it with an oring.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Caliper Hose Banjo washers … what do you use?’ is closed to new replies.