Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • buying tickets for gigs how?
  • TonyL
    Free Member

Just tried to get some Florence and the machine tickets for my 13yr old (although I wouldn't mind seeing them myself) loged on to the site 9am when the tickets went on sale entered details etc clicked on the proceed button 9.03 they were all sold out. How does this happen is there some ticket buying software out there or are younger people just a lot quicker filling out forms on line than me?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Not sure, but yes.

I am comforting myself with the thought that I saw her last year, having bought tickets before she was nominated for the Mercury. They were easy to get, cheap AND I now get to reflect on how cool I was. 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The best way to make sure you get tickets is to get onto a priority booking scheme. Join the fan club, it's a lot cheaper than being scapled on e-bay. The 02 customer priority scheme for there venues is handy too.

bobbyspangles

save your money-she's rubbish. just wailing and a catawaurling crazy ginger strumpet

thebunk

I saw her play two years ago, on a boat in Bristol. Can I award myself a 8) ?

Oliverd1981 has good advice, you'll want your 13 year old to join the fan club though!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Get a normal one and stick a compass through the lense

Ferk knows how I just posted that on this thread 😕

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I joined the AC/DC fan club to get tickets for last years MEN gig. It only cost a £10, you had the safety and satisfaction of priority tickets, no hassle and you got some bits and bobs of free stuff too.

save your money-she's rubbish. just wailing and a catawaurling crazy ginger strumpet

She's like a redhead Kate Bush – an acquired taste but genuinely creative and musical. Does a bit too much brown nosed publicity to be properly credible though.

nicko74

Nah, not particularly creative – she's been doing covers for years, and not great ones at that. She does have a good voice, but thinks she's a little too good, IMHO. Much like Bonio.

As for how to get tickets… it's a tricky one. I'm surprised they sold out so quickly for that, but I've always just stuck at it for 9am early doors buying on the site.

jond
    Free Member

Without paying extra* for an advance mailing, get on assorted mailing lists, and sign up to band mail lists – you can sometimes get a presale day just through that.

Also try several ticketing sites at the same time – tho' ticketmaster seems to be the default, other agencies may have comparable tickets but aren't the first port of call for a lot of people, so you may stand a better chance (certainly the case for me when buying Metallica and ACDC tickets last year…)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘buying tickets for gigs how?’ is closed to new replies.