Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • Buying something from LBS then not actually buying it ?
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Absolute worse case scenario, get wheel, pay for wheel and sell wheel as brand new for a price that won’t hurt your wallet with too much loss.

weeksy

There is nothing to stop you cancelling the order, if you need the money for something else I would cancel them. At the end of the day, who is more important you or the bike shop.

This is why i asked on here.. .because as with distance selling regs etc we as customers often send things back, hell, i come home to bags and bags of stuff from Next for the wife and boy, but she only keeps 1 item, the rest go back. Same as if i buy motorbike/bike parts that are not quite as i hoped etc, so i was asking you lot to see if you felt it was acceptable. The consensus seems to be no.

The LBS has been excellent over the years, great comms, great work and great prices on wheel truing and headset stuff, which are the only things i use them for. So the last thing i want to do is it P*** them off and turn them from a friendly LBS into a place i cannot go.

natrix
    Free Member

Dirty clothes in, clean clothes out. Job done.

I’ve always wondered how they work………….. 8)

nant
    Free Member

Seems mad budgeting from the same account. Why don’t you have a separate account for joint and house related stuff and then a separate account for your own stuff.

weeksy

nant – Member
    Seems mad budgeting from the same account. Why don’t you have a separate account for joint and house related stuff and then a separate account for your own stuff.

LOL i’m not going to go into a discussion on how me and the wife do or don’t allocate our finances in the world.

jonnyboi

Please, just walk in to the shop and have a conversation with them.

aracer
    Free Member

Or just a separate account for non-essential vanity purchases.

Like £400 washing machines.

weeksy

jonnyboi – Member
    Please, just walk in to the shop and have a conversation with them.

I’m walking in later and picking it up… Simple as that… I asked and listened to the opinions and agree with the logic.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

he could have returned them for a refund per the distance selling regulations

Not if it is a custom item made especially for OP (which he says it is). They are expressly excluded.

poah
    Free Member

so i was asking you lot to see if you felt it was acceptable

what we think is irrelavent

weeksy

On some things i’d agree 🙂

However it is nice to have a ‘voice of reason’ sometimes.

aracer
    Free Member

That wasn’t exactly what he said – it’s not a custom made item (not within the meaning of the distance selling act) it’s simply a particular off-the-shelf combo, which I’m sure you could buy as a standard item from an online retailer.

molgrips
    Free Member

We spent £400 on a washing machine in 2007. Cheapest one with a 1600 spin which makes a difference in drying clothes inside. Plus it’s quiet enough that you can sit in the kitchen and eat and talk whilst it’s going.

To the OP – stick it on a credit card and pay it off in a month or two. Sorted. Using credit cards is not in any way bad – failing to pay off the debt, that’s bad.

nickhit3
    Free Member

its a nice problem to have: £400 washing machine and having the £££ to even consider hope wheels. Hope you get it sorted OP and you’re not taken to the cleaners by the LBS… *drops mic

jamj1974

I think you’ve doing the right thing Weeksy.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Cheapest one with a 1600 spin which makes a difference in drying clothes inside

Do you use the 1600 spin? Whenever we do
    a) the house feels like it’s about to shake to bits
    b) The clothes come out like cardboard pressed flat with loads of creases that are a bugger to get out.

weeksy

a) the house feels like it’s about to shake to bits

Ours feels like that on 1200, so much so that after this weekend we left it turned off… i think we may have caused an earthquake.

brakes
    Free Member

Do you use the 1600 spin?

adjust the feet so it’s flat?
    is there enough / too much in the drum? a half-empty machine will be off-balance.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

poah – Member
    Quite the opposite, if he’d bought online he’d already paid for it and would now be out of pocket whilst he waited for the refund, plus the hassle of posting them back, them possibly going missing etc etc.
    he could have returned them for a refund per the distance selling regulations or cancelled the order before they arrived.

There is nothing to stop you cancelling the order, if you need the money for something else I would cancel them. At the end of the day, who is more important you or the bike shop. Sometimes it’ about what’s morally right not what you can get away with by the letter of the law . I’m a believer in Karma perhaps you are not .

matt_outandabout

What’s the protocol under these circumstances ?

Buy the thing you ordered in.

DezB
    Free Member

She wanted specific spin rates, certain cycles, various other things… i care very little.

Reminds me of a bloke I bought a house off many many years ago – “Are you leaving the washing machine?” I asked, “Yes,” he replied “I’m buying the wife a Zanussi” 😆

weeksy

Collected

2017-09-26_02-27-37 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode LITE

2017-09-26_02-27-37 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode
    undefined, undefined@undefined, fundefined, undefineds, ISOundefined

2017-09-26_02-27-37 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode
    undefined, undefined@undefined, fundefined, undefineds, ISOundefined

jonnyboi

Good man, I wasn’t being rude with my comment, just suggesting that a reasonable conversation is usually the best course of action.

They do look good though!

weeksy

I never thought for a second anyone was being rude.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Nice !

jimdubleyou

I never thought for a second anyone was being rude.

How about now?

You paid £400 quid for that gopping piece of crap?

😛

weeksy

No. That was £250. I bought a front too

jamj1974

£400 a pair! That’s more reasonable!

bencooper
    Free Member

At the end of the day, who is more important you or the bike shop.

“Important” is an interesting choice of word…

DezB
    Free Member

You surely didn’t need to buy 3!?

That orange hub would look cool on my RM… are they 29″?

duffle
    Free Member

😕 thems £400 washing machines don’t look like the cheap ones I’m used to…..where do you put the powder?

jakd95
    Free Member

1. Keep one rear wheel
    2. Sell the other two
    3. Profit

simondbarnes

Good work weeksy

weeksy

Lol phone issues, there’s only 1 wheel. Well, one today, the other arrived a month ago.

Set up tubeless now and just waiting to see if it holds are overnight.

2017-09-26_04-50-18 by Steve WeeksFlickr2BBcode LITE

tomhoward

Reminds me of a bloke I bought a house off many many years ago – “Are you leaving the washing machine?” I asked, “Yes,” he replied “I’m buying the wife a Zanussi”

Missed opportunity for a ‘nah, she’s coming too’ joke to my mind.

aracer
    Free Member

I want pics of the washing machine

weeksy

Lol it arrives tomorrow, as do my replacement Kickr Snap. I’m not sure which will spin the most tomorrow!

TiRed

I want pics of the washing machine

This, if you are buying Hope wheels, it should be a Bosch or Siemens at the very least. What wheels for Miele?

BTW my Miele was £400 about 17 years ago. It’s still running strong. Not the quietest machine in the world, but it is heavy enough to have its own gravitational field.

weeksy

Its a Bosch apparently.

jako

Am I the only one who doesn’t think £400 is a lot for a washing machine? We looked at some the other day, and they were substantially more than that.

Nice wheel by the way. Blingy.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Buying something from LBS then not actually buying it ?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM