• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Chew.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Buying an 0800 number (Self employed content)
  • eugeo81
    Free Member

Anyone ever bought an 0800 number as such? After three and a half years self employed, business is stronger than ever and I want to lose just using a mobile number for my business. Seem a bit more professional even though I just work from home. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to use for this service or any tips or pointers?

wwaswas

get an 0845 one and let your customers pay 😉

seba560
    Free Member

Skype and Skype app on your mobile.

EDIT: You can buy proper landline numbers.

eugeo81
    Free Member

The 0845 number sounds like a better option already 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

As a punter, ringing either would put me off contacting you.

nickjb
    Free Member

Personally I don’t like 0800/0845 numbers. Most mobile phone companies seems to charge for them over your inclusive minutes so they cost more than a normal number. Can’t you just use a standard land-line number?

jeff

I’ve heard good things about http://www.moneypenny.co.uk/.

alfabus
    Free Member

get a landline number, shows a more stable business than a mobile number but vastly preferable to 0800 since most people will be able to ring you for free – 0800 numbers cost me money!

Dave

eugeo81
    Free Member

If I was not renting and planning to move from my current location I would have a separate landline installed. But the 0845/0800 option seems like a better option for me at present

wwaswas

It may be possible to get a geographical number (ie. a local to you diallign code) that permanantly redirects to, for example, your mobile?

eugeo81
    Free Member

That could be a good option wwaswas! I will look into it, thanks.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Seconding Moneypenny, worth every penny

MadBillMcMad

+1 As a punter, ringing either would put me off contacting you.

as it costs from a mobile.
    I try and get around this using androids 0800 wizard

stgeorge

Try DMCLUB

We have used them for 0800 and regional numbers.

No problems at all.

br
    Free Member

Since calling a mobile is usually free from another mobile (as in included in the minutes), but 0800/0845 etc are not – I’d keep the mobile.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The company I work for can supply you with a virtual geographic number of your choice for £25 setup then £6 month + cost of calls (depending on where its going i.e. landline or mobile).
    Drop me a mail if you’re interested.

wwaswas

sounds like bigyinns yer man.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I use http://www.chesstelecom.com/ for my 0800 number, no complaints and very competative rates.

funkrodent

YGM

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I just tried to find a local carpet cleaning company. I did a google search, ignored every one with an 0800 number and rang the guy with a geographical one.

0800 stinks of rogue trader.

seba560
    Free Member

0800 stinks of rogue trader.

I think that’s a bit unfair.
    Coca Cola (or any famous name organisation) offering a free call number is something I expect.
    One man band with a limited brand does seem a bit Del Boy.

geoffj

I use soho66 for a regional landline number which is forwarded to my mobile – it costs buttons (less than £5 per month anyway).

NJA

We use http://www.uk2numbers.co.uk/ they work and seem to be very competitive. Get an 0330 number so people can contact you from mobiles.

Chew
    Free Member

03 numbers will be your best bet. You’ll easily be able to transfer the number from location to location, and people can call you free within their inclusive mobile minutes.

08 numbers you have to pay for via a mobile

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Buying an 0800 number (Self employed content)’ is closed to new replies.