Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bust shock today on my Heckler, what replacement?
  • rich-6
    Free Member

Went over to Stainburn for a blast this afternoon and bust my shock on the rock drop 🙁 I hadnt realised either so i guess its well nackered now as i bottomed it out harshly twice further in the day, I can now bottom it out bunnyhopping 😆

Ive tried to recover it by pumping it up to 200psi but its still getting 40% sag and it seems to be stuck with approx 1/4 of the shaft in the shock, Its a float R which is fitted so i dont know if this is something which can be easily rectified if it is i’m willing to open it up and have a poke around 🙂

But if not RP2, RP23 as a replacement? also i have no idea what size its going to need so if someones got an 06 Heckler and a manual I’d be grateful if you could let me know what shock i need. Thanks

erny
    Free Member

RP23 200mm eye to eye with 57mm stroke

carlphillips
    Free Member

take it apart put it back together again and see if that works..takes 5mins and is an easy peasy fix, look up instructions on youtube for handy hints on how to do it without injury..

Mal-ec
    Free Member
    rich-6
    Free Member

^^ Missed it 😆 So to clear things, I need to take my shock off put a rag through the eye and unscrew it with an oil filter strap, Then it’l go bang and scare the shit out of me 😆 and reasemble and see how she goes. I can sense an upgrade i need to talk myself out of 😀

steveh

Send it TF and get it fixed and push tuned. The push bit transforms the shock completely. best thing i ever did for my heckler.

carlphillips
    Free Member

rich 6, yes thats about right..it does go pop but its not too bad, i fixed my friends rp3 like this in about 5mins..easy, even if you upgrade its worth fixing and then selling on..

craig1975
    Free Member

http://www.santacruzbikes.co.uk/bicycles/heckler4.html

Should find all you need to know about the 06 Heckler from above link.

When I had a 06 Heckler I ran a coil DHX 5 and loved it, it was well plush, once I got it setup the way I liked it, it was a fit and forget shock, did i mention how plush it was…

If you don’t want the weight of the coil you can run an RP23 on it with no probs, I would stay away from the DHX air shock, Ive heard lots of people complaining about it.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i had a dhx 5 coil twas lurvley, now have an rp3, wish i’d kept the coil but its now hanging up in the garage as a spare frame 8O, my 456 is all i need for ‘razzin’ in the woods, keeps things all lively.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bust shock today on my Heckler, what replacement?’ is closed to new replies.