Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bunnyhopping, ghrrrrr!!!
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

How on Earth do I get the bleeding wheel off the ground without clipping in? I'd love to come to Jedi's tutoring but I'm across the water and no comeback on the horizon.
    I have a HT, can even fit gears if needed (SS 32:16 right now), it's rigid.
    So, what do I need to do? As if you were teaching a 4-year-old, please.

taka
    Free Member

how i found out…

wassell99
    Free Member

check out cyclewise.

They have some vids on front and rear wheel lifts form thier core skills course. Just a matter of doing one after the other in 1 smooth motion.

hop this helps

Lee

marsdenman
    Free Member

Only way I can think to try and describe it is.
    Toes down / heels up slightly
    Think* 'push back with feet' (putting pressure on the pedals) as you jump / bend zee knees to lift the back wheel = feet grip the pedal, helping the lift..
    * you only need think it cos your weight / pins on pedals (presume you're using flats given the 'without clipping in' comment)
    Find yourself a nice, quiet spot where you can pedal back and fro practicing until it clicks…
    Have fun!
    C

jedi

you dont grip with your feet at all. you unwieght the back end and bend knees up to allow the rear to rise up

jackal
    Free Member

Loads of stuff on the net about it now a days, I learnt about 13 years ago from pictures in magazines and watching JMC in 'dirt' the video 😆

-Practice the lift of the front wheel first, keep doing this until your really confident with lifting the front wheel.
    -Now practice the lift of the rear wheel. Coast along at a 'reasonable' pace and practice lifting/unweighting the rear wheel off the ground by pressing 'down back and up' on the pedals.
    -Then connect the 2 together. Lift the front, then try and 'push the bars away from you' at the same time as unweighting the rear. Try and land rear wheel first or you may go over the bars. also have something to physically hop over eg. an old shoe box or something to start.

That probably makes no sense what so ever 😉

jedi

you unwieght the front end not lift too

taka
    Free Member

Hairychested- just to make you feel worse i can do bunny hops on this:-

:mrgreen:

jackal
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    you unwieght the front end not lift too

True, more of a lean back unweighting of the front like when going into a manual than a wrench up on the bars.
    Thats why you can make a living out of it jedi and I, erm, can't 😉

jedi

🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Hells bells Hairychested even I can bunnyhop, and if you knew me you'd realise what an insult that is 😉

Quite impressed with Sven Nys bunnyhoping the hurdles into second place during the World Champs today 😯

Hairychested
    Free Member

Keep'em coming, I'll get there someday.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bunnyhopping, ghrrrrr!!!’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM