Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Budget CX wheels, Campagnolo Khamsin or something else?
  • dsb181
    Free Member

Looking for a a set of CX wheels for my build.
    I ride Zonda’s on my road bike and they have been amazing so far so drawn back to Campag.
    I don’t really want to spend more then £150,
    Khamsin are 110 at Wiggle, Vento 150 or should I be looking at something else?
    Rim brake only, not mega flash as I’ll be commuting on them too.

Thanks!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Well happy with my Khamsin CX wheels. Was using them on my kinda nice best-ish Sunday bike but they’ve done a fair few commutes now without complaint.

The rim tape looked a bit plasticky so I replaced with some other decent Schwalbe stuff but sure it would have been fine, just had some lying around as a replacement.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I got them on my sunday best (because I’m tight / poor / too lazy to upgrade) and they’ve been excellent

Kato

I was looking at Khamsin G3’s but was concerned about how flexy they’d be compared with 32spoke 3 cross. Merlin are doing 105 hubs on Mavic Open Sports for £125. I’m still undecided though, so would be interested to hear about the Khamsins

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Never noticed flex on mine, but that’s only on road and I have a the legs of a weak and feeble woman

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Khamsins are terrible, go for the better wheels, ie the zonda’s

Or buy my hardly used khamsins cheaper 😉

dsb181
    Free Member

Khamsins I think it is then! Thanks all for the advice 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Budget CX wheels, Campagnolo Khamsin or something else?’ is closed to new replies.