Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Buckfast tonic wine review
  • montgomery
    Free Member

Those can’t be real adverts, can they? Like something out of Viz.

maccruiskeen

Those can’t be real adverts, can they? Like something out of Viz.

The Sanatogen Tonic Wine ones are worse!

maccruiskeen

kids-are-murder-ad

A friends mum became an alcoholic drinking Sanatogen – not actually realising it was booze

falkirk-mark

LD for the win,only the (some) Scots will know about it especially Inverclyde lot.

montgomery
    Free Member

Astonishing. ‘Is your life sh!t? Become an alcoholic – it’s great!’

kennyp
    Free Member

LD for the win,only the (some) Scots will know about it especially Inverclyde lot.

When I was living there (nearly 40 years ago admittedly) it was indeed El Dorado that was the tipple of choice for the jakie connoisseur. Buckie was seen as being a bit “posh”.

martinhutch

I think my aunt lived halfway down those steps in the Buckfast ad. Explains a lot.

maccruiskeen

Astonishing. ‘Is your life sh!t? Become an alcoholic – it’s great!’

You could probably use the same campaign to sell Prosecco these days

squirrelking
    Free Member

LD was stuff my folks talked about along with Thunderbird.

Then someone decided to revive it, not sure where it’s sold, I’ve only ever seen the empties.

didnthurt

“Tonic wine – does not imply any health giving or medical properties”

😄

maccruiskeen

LD was stuff my folks talked about along with Thunderbird.

Part of the drinks market sector know collectively as ‘Bum Wine’.

somafunk

Thunderbird red label vs Thunderbird blue label- red pill or blue pill?, either way you eventually surface in a strange house, in a strange town.

Cougar

Part of the drinks market sector know collectively as ‘Bum Wine’.

Trampoline.

Cougar

a drink that frankly is like WKD blended with Ketamine, Domestos and undiluted Ribena.

I once bought a bottle of bourbon, a bottle of bleach and a bottle of wine.  At the checkout I quipped, “I’m making cocktails.”  She looked genuinely horrified. 😁

Cougar

You could probably use the same campaign to sell Prosecco these days

There’s plenty of sandwich boards outside pubs basically doing the same thing, only tongue-in-cheek (probably).

reeksy

Ones I remember trying were Buckfast, Thunderbird, Night train (Express) and Mad dog 20/20.

Pretty sure you had to graduate from Merrydown Cider before scaling those heights.

I seem to recall one of the variants of MD 20/20 was claimed to have hallucinogenic properties…

somafunk

Mad Dog 20/20 when combined with jellies caused much mayhem in my Galloway town, it certainly lived up to its name

joshvegas
    Free Member

I quite like commotion lotion on icecream…

maccruiskeen

I once bought a bottle of bourbon, a bottle of bleach and a bottle of wine.  At the checkout I quipped, “I’m making cocktails.”  She looked genuinely horrified. 😁

She probably through you were training AI

“The Aromatic Water Mix is the perfect non-alcoholic beverage to quench your thirst and refresh your senses. It combines the invigorating scents of ammonia, bleach, and water for a truly unique experience!” 

johndoh
    Free Member

We once had a cheese and wine party. My brother, classy as always, brought Buckfast and DairyLea Cheese Slices.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.