Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Bruno, the movie
  • project
    Free Member

Haveing seen various preview videos on the tv,and the blatant sexual advertising,is it a film worth seeing,or blatant propoganda for gay people.

JxL
    Free Member

Definitely going to see it. Borat was brilliant, expect this to be good too.

Norton
    Free Member

Funny as I’m sure it will be I doubt it is “blatant proganda for gay people” unless of course you think all gay people live in some sort of Jonn Inman-esque 70’s timewarp.

project
    Free Member

Do you Grahame as in Norton.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Shurely you mean Brüno?

samuri
    Free Member

In one of my wife’s magazines, there is an article on footballers when they’re out relaxing. There are some pictures of various overpaid morons dressed up in what they think is cool/sexy/acceptable (they look *extremely* gay). The article writer drools over these guys excessively.

On the *very* next page is an article on the new Borat movie and the photos show a variety of men wearing exactly the same clothes as the footballers but these chaps are all pretending to be as gay as you can get.

I think the irony has been lost on the original writer.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The gay guys I know dress like every other bloke?

roper
    Free Member

I wear lycra

Nick

gay people have way more fashion sense than the rest of us, everyone knows that

coffeeking
    Free Member

I wouldn’t push it THAT far Nick 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Without latching on to someone using the word gay to describe something I assume you’d acccept that it’s possible to dress in an extremely gay manner ?

Nick

like this you mean?

hora
    Free Member

I bet its a great film to watch on DVD. Crackers to spend close on to £9 each to watch it at the cinema though.

tomzo
    Free Member

orange wednesdays dudddddde.

D0NK

Sacha Baron Cohen really winds me up lately, borat was a travesty and pretty much anything else I see him in bugs me – I’ll be giving it a miss.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

What D0NK said, x10.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have absolutely no idea what blatant proganda for gay people means in a world in which Dave Cameron has apologised for Section 28. I will probably watch it, and probably in the cinema. The cinema I saw Borat at was in a very good mood, and there was applause at intervals.

Comic genius it probably isn’t. Crude, crass and very reliant on shock value it certainly is. But fun, almost inevitably. 🙂

project
    Free Member

Big Dummy,would Dave Cameron be the obnoxious,tony blur lookalikey who happens to be whatever people want him to be on the day, bit like a consevative cameleon, also whats section 28, sounds like a goosd place to ride.

jon1973
    Free Member

I didn’t realise Frank Bruno was gay.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Why do people like project do “ignorant” as a form of trolling? Boooring. 😉

project
    Free Member

BigDummy,ignorant me!

Lanesra
    Free Member

Just finished watching the worlds worst copy of this – and have to say its one of the funniest films I've seen

tankslapper
    Free Member

The Austrians want it banned so it must be good! 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

Me? I'll see it. Anything worth banning must be good (apart from Chelsea which isn't 😉 ).

hora
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I bet its a great film to watch on DVD. Crackers to spend close on to £9 each to watch it at the cinema though.

FAIL. IDIOT.

Saw it last night, gawd SBC has run out of gags/ideas so uses the exact same ones from his show but worse. Funnily the only bit I did like was the frontal nudity when his cock shouts Bruno. Walked out shortly after that as it was just painful and dull.

RepacK
    Free Member

Its good but but not as good as Borat – check out Kermodes review on the beeb.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

ONE

TRICK

PONY

how ever i'll have a go on his missus

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Terrible film, very funny bunch of sketches and wind ups.

Drac

So Hora goes to see a film about a gay guy and the only bit he enjoys is seeing his cock.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So, Hora thinks someone who won't pay nine quid to see it at the cinema is an idiot, yet pays himself and walks out half way through?

Now, lets start again shall we? WHO is the real idiot?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hora goes to see a film about a gay guy and the only bit he enjoys is seeing his cock.

The film sounds like 'blatant propaganda for gay people' to me.

epicyclo

Well Borat was rude, disgusting, demeaning to many minorities, and very uncorrect. I nearly choked laughing.

I think I'll go to watch Bruno to similarly express my displeasure.

Drac

So, Hora thinks someone who won't pay nine quid to see it at the cinema is an idiot, yet pays himself and walks out half way through?

No the opposite he thought paying £9 was for idiots, then paid it and then walked out after he got the cock action.

cynic-al
    Free Member

PP completely misses the point.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

PP completely misses the point.

Actually he doesn't.

Because despite the fact PP misunderstood that Hora was ridiculing whose who pay £9 to watch a film, he nevertheless manages to hit the nail on the head by concluding that Hora is indeed an idiot.

EDIT : Unless of course, you think it is sensible to pay to watch a film you didn't want to watch, and then to walk out shortly after seeing a bit that you liked.

😕

hora
    Free Member

GF wanted to see it. The other choice was Harry Potter. Not really my thing either and it was a Friday night. I don't want to get political but I was appalled that he attempted to make fun of Jewish and Palestinians. I think thats strictly off limits for now and the future. The cock bit was unexpected and funny. The only unexpected and funny bit.

PJ266
    Free Member

Honestly, i dont think anythings off limits to Sacha Baron Cohen. Which IMO, is the way it should be.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Bruno, the movie’ is closed to new replies.