Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bruising more easily
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I used to be pretty impervious to bruises, would take a proper fall off my bike to get even a 50p size bruise, often could remove layers of flesh without bruising at all.

Of late I’ve found I get huge bruises – got a 6″ diameter one on my inner thigh from a light fall on Saturday, and a 3″ one on my shin from the same fall. And a 2″ diameter one from kicking the oven door.

WTF is going on, I’m only 29!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahh, you have premature aging of the body driven by advanced online persona dementia.

You need to start acting like a fool on here…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

My missues gets this sometimes. Apparently something to do with iron. She take some tabs when it happens. But I didnt listen too closely to the details. Sorry I dont have more details.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I rarely bruise at all even when I fall heavily and I’m almost twice as old as coffeeking, so I don’t think age is a factor :o)

druidh
    Free Member

No had any issues with bruising, but I’ve noticed that scabs take longer to heal.

Swelper
    Free Member

Kicking the oven door…….whats going on there dude….?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Kicking the oven door…….whats going on there dude….?

I think the mod’s have been at that answer or someone has seen sense and done an edit?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hmm maybe I’m deficient in something. Hard to find reliable info as to what though.

Kicked the oven door – it was open and I walked too close. Glass edge. Ouch.

The biking ones were through snow-hiding-logs incidents. In case he’s here, cheers to the chap who checked I was ok after flying through the air.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If this is a new issue i would take it to the dcs for some blood tests.

coffeeking
    Free Member

D’ya think? I didn’t want to bug the doc at a time that they’re likely to be rather busy but it does make me wonder what’s at the root of it. I’ve also noticed a rather notable increase in my tinnitus and pains in my joints especially after alcohol. Hmmmm

scu98rkr
    Free Member

have you got fat ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Docs – No ungency and its not likely to be important but it just might be.

do yo take aspirin for the joint pain? ( it thins the blood) alcohol makes my tinnitus worse as well – I think that is common.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Certainly got a few more pounds on me that I used to have, but not “fat” fat, I could do with losing a stone or so to be ideal size again.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

I’d go to the doctors in a non-urgent way. I always bruise pretty easily and every time I go to a new doctor they take blood tests to see if they can find a cause. They never have though.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

Coffeeking. “maybe I’m deficient in something”. Probably yes.
    Lots of stuff is useful for “vascular fragility”. – ie easy bruising. Bioflavanoids (found in various fruits, – much so in citrus peel and pith) is an idea. Scoff the skin of half a lemon (pith and all) every day. Chop it in your breakfast if you don’t like it.
    I read that bilberries and ginko can also help. Absolutely no experience of the latter myself.
    I’ve been hospitalized twice through trauma due to another silly sport I do, but never had any visible bruises to show the nurses. I have put that down to diet, (but perhaps I’m just lucky..).

Zoolander
    Free Member

Its odd – my wife bruises easily ,on holiday this year she fell over (stupid shoes) and half her leg went black. Me on the other hand, I have had some right tumbles and nothing, doctors dont sometimes believe I’ve broken things as I just dont bruise at all.
    Just the way it is I guess

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I actually bruise pretty easily, always have done I suppose.
    I think it’s been worse since my late teens (when I started somoking- connection?) Although apparently my Mum used to worry about it when I was really young… looked like I’d been abused sometimes!
    I had a haemotoma in my arm earlier this year and have no recollection of even knocking it.
    As a regular visitor to A&E I’ve asked about it before, never have they suggested there is anything particularly wrong with me. Instead they’ve pointed to the fact that as my blood isn’t clotting as quickly as others then my heart attack risk is lower 😆

If you bruise quite spectacularly… when you get BIG injuries you also get the fun of applying compression in irregular ways and getting designer bruises!

TiRed

Ask your GP for a blood test. You may have a slightly low platelet count. A bruise is just bleeding into the tissue after trauma, and platelets help stop this.

You may also like to consume more greens. It’s not iron but Vitamin K that you might be deficient in; spinach, broccoli, sprouts are all your friends

coffeeking
    Free Member

OK, well on a few thoughts before I gently amble toward the doctors…

I probably haven’t been consuming enough greens lately to be fair, and I have had the odd craving for salads/veg so maybe it’s telling me something. Not on any other medication currently, though I was on a fairly long period of 30/500 cocodamol for a back issue maybe 4 months ago.

Worth going to check up I guess, just in case it’s something that needs attention.

Tinners

Of late I’ve found I get huge bruises

pains in my joints especially after alcohol

Take this as good advice, Coffeeking. Make an appointment with your GP. He’ll want to get more details from you and he’ll want to examine you. He will also arrange a few blood tests. The above symptoms are significant and I would mention them to your doctor. Nobody can give you an Internet diagnosis but it’s important that you follow this up with your doctor.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I always bruise pretty easily and every time I go to a new doctor they take blood tests

I know quite a few women who bruise easily, so I thought it was just a female characteristic…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bruising more easily’ is closed to new replies.