Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brooks b17 special – too wide for MTB ?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Anyone use here, recommended ?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/brooks-saddles-b17-special-saddle/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products&ctype=2

I like the rivets. Not worried about the weight though.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Brooks don’t take kindly to being covered in mud, so not great for MTBs. Plus, you gotta love the look, cos you’ll get a lot of stick from those that don’t!

I’d put one on my Tour Divide-spec 29er, and use a B17 Ti on my ultra distance road bike.

For day rides or less, don’t bother.

redthunder
    Free Member

OK. I’ll will forget about it. Just an impulse I suppose.

I just like the look.

Macavity
    Free Member

“I just like the look.”
    and why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTV9FBHOlM
    L’Eroica 2009 // BROOKS ENGLAND

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve got a Brooks on my roadrat (and very nice it is too) but don’t see the point on a mountain bike.

MisterT

agree about the lovely look…. I’d ride one on MTB if they could cope with the damp, but they can’t. I use one of the swift models on my winter Road bike and love it. but it needs full length mudguards to allow winter use.

mmb
    Free Member

no good on mountain bikes! utter crap try using the proofide to keep it waterproof and supple and it’ll be fine.

sc-xc

I just chopped my B17 for the commuter. Looks ace, lost the side flanges.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

any photos of the chopped B17?

handyman
    Free Member

Been using the ti models for about 8 years on all my mtb and road bikes, they have been caked in mud, damp for days on welsh trips, and proofhide maybe once a year, still look like new, the ti ones have a little gave so adds comfort to a hardtail, i can ride all day 100 miler plus and have no soreness at all, mates have laughed etc but the comfort and fit are brill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brooks b17 special – too wide for MTB ?’ is closed to new replies.