Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Broadband
  • YetiFoz
    Free Member

Hi,
    Seriously considering getting rid of Sky Broadband and just wondering if anyone has used or uses http://www.macace.net ( I have a Mac) and what their opinions are.
    I know if I go anywhere else it will be more expensive than Sky, I just want something reliable….

Cheers

James

jam-bo

why would you need mac specific broadband?

zen is super fast and reliable but not the cheapest. works just fine with my mac too.

Nick

Zen or Fast.co.uk are top of my list to move to when Shitanet get round to providing me with a mac code.

BoardinBob

Out of interest, what's wrong with Sky? I switched to them last December following horrendous service from BT. £10 a month for unlimited, up to 20meg. The max I can get is 6.5meg but i get it consistently whereas with BT I was lucky to get 1 meg!

Oggles
    Free Member

Why are you ditching Sky out of interest? (though i can probably guess)

We are on the capped 40GB package because of our location, and seem to be getting "Internet connection not available" fifty times a day… Also the wireless router is a POS.

Edit: only using them because it was cheap with the TV package.

YetiFoz
    Free Member

I don't "need" mac specific, it just is! Although it works with Windoze too.

I will have a look at Zen or fast.

You are lucky then BoardinBob, the max my line will have is 3 to 3.5MB – fair enough.
    I got that when I started with Sky, a couple of years ago now. Now I only get 1.7Mb and I am now down to 1.3Mb with around 300kb upload and a high ping. It has also dropped right down to .5Mb download recently too. I have never been really happy with it but as I have Sky it's cheap! Wanadoo before never missed a beat.

Oggles, I agree with you about the router, (white Netgear).
    You can only use "their" routers and they aren't "N" rated, whereas my computer is.

I have been on hold trying to speak to their customer solutions help in India for 1 1/4 hrs earlier and hung up whilst I still had money in my wallet!

woody2000

N rated means nowt. You've at most got a 20mbps broadband connection, so even G rated (54Mbps) hardware will be more than adequate. As for an OS specific broadband provider, WTF is that!? Broadband is broadband, regardless of the OS/hardware connected to it.

O2 are pretty good BTW

Nick
    YetiFoz
    Free Member

Woody, I take what you are saying, I think it's just better for range, although I might be wrong on that!

I know broadband is broadband, it is the support and routers that are orientated to the Mac user I think.

Can't get O2!

Nick, cheers for the link, looks very useful.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Broadband’ is closed to new replies.