Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • British Sea Power
  • DavidFelt
    Free Member

Any fans on here? Been a follower since ‘The Decline of’ and was just discussing in the office whether there has been a more consistent and more underrated band in the last decade.

New album ‘Valhalla Dancehall’ is awesome too!

pixelmix
    Free Member

New album ‘Valhalla Dancehall’ is awesome too!

Is it out yet / can you listen online anywhere yet? It wasn’t on Spotify when I checked the other day.

Great band as you say, and consistently produce good albums. I really enjoyed them live a few years back.

DavidFelt
    Free Member

Yeah it came out on the 10th I believe. Yeah, fantastic live, saw them at the Ritz in Manchester a few years ago (it was a while since I’d been in that sh1t hole!)

Albums always have lovely artwork too, not sure if they design them themselves?

Napalm
    Free Member

New album sounds good, probably their best.
    Not a big fan but seeing them in Brighton on 23rd Feb – probably be a bigger fan after that.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Fan here too, seen them a few times, always great fun! I’d still say decline is my favourite though.

lunge

Possibly the best gig I have ever been to was seeing them at The Academy in Brum.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

me too

Can’t make any of the dates on this tour which is dull

haven’t got new album yet

TwirlipoftheMists

Thanks for the heads up. Didn’t know there was a new album.
    Saw them in Portsmouth a few years ago – very good.
    Gutted to miss them Supporting the Manics recently too.

Wasn’t that keen on the weird ‘soundtrack’ album that came out the other year though.

futuresorange
    Free Member

I saw them support the Manics in October, hadn’t really heard much of them before but i was impressed and really enjoyed their set.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

thought about going to a manics gig just to see them last year

couldn’t risk getting that close to hearing the manics though

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I can’t decide if I really like them or if they are just unnecessarily heavy going. I’d like to see them live, though. Not heard the new stuff yet.

aP
    Free Member

Bought the new album on Tuesday, but not listened to it yet, but I am listening to Man of Aran as I sort out some drawing schedule and issue sheets this morning.

futuresorange
    Free Member

couldn’t risk getting that close to hearing the manics though

Because after hearing them nothing else ever sounds as good again?? 😀

DavidFelt
    Free Member

‘Decline’ is certainly the best album IMO, but it was a weird one, as listening to the first two tracks was like WTF, but the middle few got me hooked (especially ‘Remember me’) and then by the time I heard ‘Lately’ I knew it was something I’d still be listening to in years to come, one of the best songs I’ve ever heard!

I loved the Man of Aran soundtrack, brilliant when listened to while watching the original film. Very original too.

DavidFelt
    Free Member

And for any late comers to the party:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIUtK_zP24w[/video]

rustler
    Free Member

“canvey island”…excellent track.
    Seen Brakes a few times. (Same singer).
    They are amusing. 🙂

mafiafish
    Free Member

Here’s an example of Brakes being amusing http://youtu.be/wmH7Dki_Fro .
    However they do have lots of proper songs too!
    http://youtu.be/ry8i5i_aLes
    The lead singer in Brakes (Eamon) used to be a multipurpose guitarists/percussionist/silly bugger in BSP.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Saw them in the Ballroom in Bloomsbury late last year – Excellent live, had me pogoing like a teenager 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

They’re a band that I’ve always meant to go and seek out more of their stuff as i enjoyed the one or two albums I have at home..

Quite fancy going to see them live.

takisawa2

‘Valhalla Dancehall’ currently downloading from Legalsounds. Had the other albums on shuffle while out riding this afternoon. A few oddities in there, but nice sound. Good afternoons listening. Be good to see them live. I really like Thirteen Senses also. Thought they’d split but new album soon apparently. Bombay Bycicle Club & Macabees worth a look if you like this kind of stuff.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘British Sea Power’ is closed to new replies.