Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • British Cycling Halfords discount app.
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

BC have a downloadable discount voucher each month which I have tried to use in Halfords but they won’t accept it saying I need to download a BC app. I can’t find owt about it on the BC website and I can’t find anything in playstore either. Any ideas?

Phil_H

I was fine using the downloaded voucher in Halfords last week.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Yes, I bought a couple of inner tubes from them on Friday and tried to use BC discount and was told the same. The lady was really apologetic and said that she didn’t think BC had made it’s members aware.

jamiep
    Free Member

I was told I needed an app last week after presenting my BC card. This turned out to be that I actually needed to download the voucher from BC’s website. I think Halfords staff are being wrongly trained know that one doesn’t simply show one’s card anymore; I don’t know of any app.

trumpton
    Free Member

I was told the same. Presented my card but needed a discount code from cycling uk.

AD

Annoyingly you need to print out the voucher each month AND present your membership card (at least in the Workington Halfords).
    Printing out the voucher each month irrationally annoys me – although I suppose you could send it to yourself on a phone and perhaps the Halfords Staff could scan it?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

although I suppose you could send it to yourself on a phone and perhaps the Halfords Staff could scan it?

I’ve never printed it, just shown it on screen on my phone. It’s the 21st century you know.

Dogsby

Downloaded and presented it on my phone to the staff in Lichfield and all has been fine.

I didn’t know that it was one voucher per month though.

Dogsby

nixie

Don’t think it’s single use per month of that’s what you mean. Just the voucher changes every month.

mashr

No need to print off a barcode, having the image on your phone is fine

snownrock

The voucher doesn’t change every month, it stays exactly the same, waste of time.

SaxonRider

I couldn’t find the code even when I downloaded the app. The guy in my Halfords was super nice, and found it for me on my own app, applying it there and then.

It wasn’t remotely instinctive, but in this case I didn’t have to print anything out.

plop-pants
    Free Member

There is an app then? Ou est l’app?

Poopscoop

There isn’t an app though is there?

I think they mean you need to show the code from the BC webby to them on your mobile??

fossy

I’ve given up with the BC discount as my employer has one via an associated companys app. I just show the digital code on my phone and it applies to all stuff.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

There is no app.
    You need to use the Membership Benefits link from the BC website to open the relevant link to Halfords which will generate a single page with a QR code on, and a numerical code.
    You present this in whatever form suits you; print out, screenshot, live page, BUT you need to show it accompanied by your BC membership card/licence.
    It’s only valid for 10% off cycling.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘British Cycling Halfords discount app.’ is closed to new replies.