Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Bristol Cycling 'Scene'
  • TooTall
    Free Member

So

Who are teh kool kidz on the Bristol block? Who are the rad dudes who pin the corners on rails? Who throws it down and uplifts it back again?

I just want to know so I can avoid them! I'm a bit more mild rad sub-hardcore jeygnarl myself – up in the Mangotsfield area. Have managed a trip to FoD to knobble my knee and some local exploring – just seeing who I could stalk around here.

KingTut and ADH are on my radar – I just need to expose myself to them.

MrAgreeable

Have you made contact with any of the local clubs yet? There's the BMBC, the Cheesy Riders and possibly the Uni and UWE clubs too, if you're a stoodent.

There's a few of us on here that are unaffiliated but have formed a very loose clique. We don't tend to ride that much any more though – all our exercise comes from speed-typing, straining our eyes, and struggling under the weight of our own cynicism. 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Aha I heard that you are in the neighborhood.

njee20
    Free Member

UWE club's a joke! I set that up a couple of years ago when I was there, there were a couple of DHers, but literally a couple!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

*waves*

You ARE down this way then, you've been ignoring me 😡

KINGTUT
    Free Member

notherdeadhero – Member

*waves*

You ARE down this way then, you've been ignoring me

Quick, everyone act surprised..

soobalias
    Free Member

*waves*

whip/wheel beer festival in september you know

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Mmm, it seems my ROFLcopter has crashed.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Mmm, it seems my ROFLcopter has crashed.

No, we blew it up.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Welcome to the 'Bristol scene' TT, you'll never be able to ask a simple question or sell a few bits on the classified ever again :mrgreen:

clubber
    Free Member

LOL – you're just bitter ADH 😉

As above really. LVIS is pretty active around Bristol but very informal. If you do fancy meeting up for a spin, there's usually a ride or two on weekday evening – just drop me an email and I'll include you on the next one that's 'organised' (organisation usually consists of email going out asking if anyone's riding, a load of crap banter followed by a few people turning up depending on what the weather's like, etc).

Oh hold, on, you ride a 29er don't you? Not sure you'd fit in actually 🙂
    (JOKE!)

backhander
    Free Member

Tootall,
    RAF bickering aside, I must be a matter of minutes away from you.
    If you ever want to join me on a trip to afan or cwmcarn, let me know (as long as you could put up with an ex army commando with a chip!).
    you could probably fill half hour on the common, the kids did have some small dirt jumps there.

TooTall
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero – Member

*waves*

You ARE down this way then, you've been ignoring me

Ignore? Warned off by sane people actually.

*backs out of thread without making eye contact with ADH*

backhander – I'm not currently rad enough for Welsh trails – but I might be in bit.

backhander
    Free Member

Fair enough but I'm no peaty and learned from scratch on those trails.
    You may see me knocking around on an orange Prince albert! don't run me over!

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

<i>
    you could probably fill half hour on the common, the kids did have some small dirt jumps there. </i>

Ahh, the common, when on knobblies they form part of the commute (down to the Railway Path) cue shouts of "nice bike mister, can we nick it"

So are you 'current' / working at Scabby Wood then?

A few of us here run the odd 'afternoon meeting' down at Cwm Carn / Afan

Eccles
    Free Member

It's riding bloody nice locally at the moment, get out there before it rains.

PS – Things you weren't expecting No 2: Picnic Bench. Unexpected fallen tree just as you approach the first sharp lefthander.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Pffrt, thing you were not expecting No 3: Iron Age hill fort, trail now disappears into fresh air after collapse of cliff edge.

Eccles
    Free Member

Useful to know.

MrAgreeable

I saw that tree the other night. Still got your fancy garotting saw? 😉

ADH, bloody hell. I've seen families walking up that trail and there's also been a bit of building work on the lower section by some local spudderz. Glad no-one was hurt… 😯

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Wher is (or was) the iron age hill fort?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

This is AGES ago mr a, might not even be that trail, I dunno what peeps call them over that end of the wood.

MrAgreeable

This is the one that used to have a big log half way down, with a gurt big rock the other side that you had to roll onto? It was blocked by a very meaty fallen tree last year and I haven't really bothered with it since.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Actually looking at the position of the fort on google map, it looks like it's off the usual trails.

MrAgreeable

It is some way off the usual trails, towards the Nightingale Valley end of the wood.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It is some way off the usual trails, towards the Nightingale Valley end of the wood.

Ah that is good, I won't be falling of the cliff yet then.

Which may disappoint a few.

backhander
    Free Member

A-A, No I don't work at flabbey wood but I use the train station rather a lot. Those afternoon meetings sound good though any jobs going?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Cycling 'Scene'’ is closed to new replies.