Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bristol big hair metal
  • noteeth
    Free Member

My immediate environs (ashton rd) have been overrun by millions of Bon Jovi fans. It’s pretty much the Apocalypse.

Take my hand, I’m gonna make it elsewhere (to the cinema, to see Taxi Driver).

Leku
    Free Member

My mate rung me earlier from work (the Wickes next to the Stadium).

He said is was poodle-permtastic.

Cougar

I remember taking my mum to see Status Quo at the MEN a couple of years back. It was like an explosion at the Wrangler factory.

maccruiskeen

I used to live near Ibrox stadium in Glasgow and we were used to large, unruly crowds – Rangers and Celtic derbies were interesting, orange marches, that kind of thing, all the local businesses were used to just batoning down the hatches and letting it blow over.

Then Ibrox decided to toy with the idea of hosting big gigs and suddenly the streets were filled with herds of Bon Jovi fans being sick in their own shoes before they even reached the stadium.

I went to the newsagent across the road and the poor wee asian shop keeper just had this look of wide eyed horror on his face and kept saying “Who the hell is Bon Jovi? Who the hell is he? The whole world has gone mad!”

Hairychested
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfzMRq7UE5c[/video]

wallop

Even cycling up to AC earlier was fraught (sp?) with ageing denim-wearers – traffic (peds and cars) was ridiculous.

noteeth
    Free Member

Gawd, Taxi Driver is such an immense film, not seen it in ages.

Someday, a rain is gonna wash the streets clean of Bon Jovi fans.

duckman

]noteeth – Member
    Gawd, Taxi Driver is such an immense film, not seen it in ages.

Someday, a rain is gonna wash the streets clean of Bon Jovi fans.

And then we will be living in a dry county….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ja1aHnj7Wk[/video]

cheers_drive

I live in Ashton too, I went out on the bike to avoid it but he was in full flow when I got back. Regardless of the poodle drivle he was singing his voice sounded shocking – like a drunk uncle doing karaoke.

locomotive

I tried to wake some bloke on the tube last weekend, he was pretty p*ssed and nearly falling off seat. After an intial twitch of the arm I noticed he was wearing a Bon Jovi VIP access wristband and therefore decided he was best left rattling along the line to Cockfosters.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bristol big hair metal’ is closed to new replies.