• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Briko Photochromic glasses
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Anyone tried them?

Planet X have some with Photochromic Polarised Smoke lenses and another design in Photochomic Pink

Are either any use for off road (currently riding in an ancient pair of Specialized photochromic which go really pale orange)?

thepurist

I’ve had a pair of the photochromic grey ones for a month or so. They’re pretty much clear when the sun’s not out. They go light grey when it’s cloudy but bright. Not a clue what they do in proper sunshine yet!

I’ve used them for commuting and off road, they stay put and keep the crap out of my contacts which is all I really want.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

What are they like in the trees? Orange/pink much better than pale grey then

thepurist

Haven’t had an issue so far, but I’ve not really had to deal with any massive light into shade contrast yet to test them.

london_lady
    Free Member

I use the Rudy Project TRALYX SX – thoroughly recommend them for both road & offroad riding. In shaded area they just go light grey – you really dont notice them changing at all. Just put them on and forget about them. Plus the venting is pretty good.

http://www.rudyprojectuk.com/sunglasses/tralyx-sx.html#SP397866D0000

aP
    Free Member

I used to use Briko prescription frames from the mid 90’s through to the mid 00’s and what I found was that after 2 years or so the rubber nosepieces and earpieces start to degrade and become “tacky and sticky”. Which wasn’t so much of a problem as the base frames were relatively cheap to replace them.
    I now use Rudy Project frames with prescription inserts and the ImpactX photochromic lenses are very good. I don’t have the current generation lenses but they change between about 90% transmission to about 30% which is enough for me using them for night riding, general day riding and in the Alps and Dolomites at high altitude.
    I’ll be looking at the new generation lenses and frames next year probably as they’ve changed the new inserts system to one that should support my prescription as unfortunately they’ve discontinued the Maya which I use currently, and which I’m very happy with.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Fiddling with different glasses today I definitely prefer an orange tint offroad. Red fine on.

Took a punt on some Endura (which look almost identical design to my 10+ year old Specialized.

aP
    Free Member

L might have some almost never worn specialized single track if you want?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Briko Photochromic glasses’ is closed to new replies.