Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brighton and South Downs riders- your help needed!
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

I’m organising a somewhat unique family and novice’s ride in May on the South Downs, and I’m looking for some video footage of the trails in question- proposed trails here

If anyone has links to video footage or photos of these, giving an idea of the surface width and gradient, it would be extremely useful- I’m currently 200 miles away, and need to make a decision rather quickly…

Cheers in advance!

Joe

rewski
    Free Member

You’ve got a steep decent down into saddles comb farm, apart from that your pretty much on the top of the south downs at devils dyke, all bridle paths, not real tricky trails.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Cheers rewski,

Are they all fairly wide? Need to get a couple of trikes and a penny farthing down them too:-)

eviljoe
    Free Member

Morning bump 🙂

Hobster
    Free Member

It’s been a while since I’ve been up there but my recollection is that it’s pretty wide up there, if they can fit through a gate you shouldn’t have any issues.

Certainly the bit of track up from Saddlescombe road is wide although not sure I’d fancy it on a Penny farthing.

Painey
    Free Member

I ride around there fairly often so know it like the back of my hand. They’re wide enough to fit a 4×4 down easily and not especially steep either. Only the last 30m on the bridleway to Saddlescombe has any kind of gradient on it after a sharp left turn.

In short suitable for all. Not a very long route though but doubt that matters?

wwaswas

If you’re going from The Dyke down it’s only about a 15 minute ride

Climbing back up the Seddlescombe bit coming back will be a push for most but otherwise it’ll be fine.

there’s a cafe at the farm at Seddlescombe now too if that’s encouragement.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Thanks- that’s really useful chaps!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brighton and South Downs riders- your help needed!’ is closed to new replies.