Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brief but Informative Presentation Regarding Firearms with Sean Connery and 'Q'
  • GrahamS

Love this. BBC show with the “proper” Jimmy Bond introducing Geoffrey Boothroyd (the inspiration for Q) talking about the Guns of James Bond.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/james_bond/12603.shtml

Here’s a short YouTube excerpt for those not blessed with time or access to iPlayer:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuO34MDezzU[/video]

Can’t imagine this kind of thing going down terribly well on the Beeb these days.

epicyclo

Great!

Funny thing gun control. If it works, how come the crims seem to have plenty guns?

And seeing as it doesn’t, can I have my guns back please?

GrahamS

Funny thing gun control. If it works, how come the crims seem to have plenty guns?

Erm.. they don’t? It’s still rare for people to be robbed at gunpoint in the UK.

Woody
    Free Member

Liked that, particularly Boothroyds moustache and its lack of symmetry.

GrahamS

I liked that he appeared to be test firing the Armalite in his study by firing at a old drawer in his writing bureau. 😯

Harry_the_Spider

Boothroyds moustache and its lack of symmetry.

A “Man’s” moustache to go with his “Man’s” gun.

GrahamS

Nearly wee’d myselfy when he open his gun cabinet and said “This is my gloryhole in here” 😯

andyl
    Free Member

Brilliant! You don’t get programs like that any more.

epicyclo

GrahamS – Member
    ‘Funny thing gun control. If it works, how come the crims seem to have plenty guns?”
    Erm.. they don’t? It’s still rare for people to be robbed at gunpoint in the UK.

Looking at that graph it looks like gun crime doubled between ’98 and ’01 and has stayed at that level since.

Any figures from before gun control for comparison’s sake?

GrahamS

Any figures from before gun control for comparison’s sake?

Not that I Google could find.

It looks like the figures have dropped since that graph was made too:

“Provisional figures show that 7,006 firearm offences were recorded in England and Wales in 2010/11, a 13 per cent decrease from 2009/10 (8,052). Of the firearm offences recorded in 2010/11, 55 resulted in fatal injury, compared with 40 recorded in 2009/10. The 55 fatal injuries recorded in 2010/11 includes the 12 people killed by Derrick Bird in June 2010 (Table 3.05).”

— Source: Crime in England and Wales 2010/11 (Home Office)

globalti
    Free Member

Ah ha! “This is a forty four Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world. It’ll blow your head clean off. Do you feel lucky, punk?”

….or something like that.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Quote of the day: “a ladies gun, and not a pleasant lady at that” 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brief but Informative Presentation Regarding Firearms with Sean Connery and 'Q'’ is closed to new replies.