Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • BREAKING NEWS…..Wiggins to Sky!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wiggo on R5 right now!

allthepies
    Free Member

>don't knock the Diamonds. Fond memories of watching them with my Grandad,

And I will be going to three of their home games over the Christmas period 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Hmm, good point I guess… but I still don't see he's necessarily going to be better off at Sky in terms of ability to get results.

Maybe not in the short term, but in the long term, yes def, much more so than at Garmin, which is what you have to think about if you want to win tours 🙂

Everyone suddenly knows what he is capable of (including, I think, himself, he was pretty shocked at his own good performance). It still dosn't happen overnight, so now he has a good deal of groundwork to do. being a stellar perfomer and expecting others too fall in beind you to support you won't necessarily happen.

MisterT

Tour results require strong and intelligent teams. Team Sky seems to be both those things. ok, as an outfit it may not have Tour credentials, but it certainly does have strong credentials that show it can get the best out of people.
    as Brailsford has said before, the 1st couple of years will be about refining the model and honing the team structures and methods. by 2012 I recon it'll be storming the field. I can't see any other Pro team out there as professional as the BC team have been over the last few years.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

2 things strike me about this ( apart from the fact that it was the worst kept secret in cycling )

1/ Team Sky must have done a deal to ensure an invite to Le Tour next year,

2/ They will be building a team around Wiggo….

IMHO , if both of these were not done he wouldn't have moved this year….

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘BREAKING NEWS…..Wiggins to Sky!’ is closed to new replies.