Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Brass Monkey Race next week
  • muddylegs
    Free Member

Just looked at the series points and I’m 7th! Had no idea😁. Not sure I’ll be able to hang on to that.

john_l
    Free Member

Superb course at Minley today, so much flowing singletrack. Thanks again to the Gorrick team for putting on a great series.

5 laps in the V50s on my SS.

masterdabber
    Free Member

Was over watching some club members and our son….  Looked a nice route and interesting to see some of it running in the opposite direction to that I’m used to riding.  I took some video. Here’s a short bit of the 2 and 4 hour starts (sorry 3 hours folks). I’ll be posting more once I’ve edited them.

ayjaydoubleyou

Worst possible result for me, 4 laps, nearly 2 hours riding time.
    Utterly dead now.
    Lovely course, great single track with enough fire road to actually pass people or recover on.
    I hear the start bottleneck got a lot worse further down.

People really on the ball would have seen that timelaps were briefly claiming that I won, with five laps and a time of 2 and a half hours (in the 2 hour race). Not sure how that happened, I certainly didn’t go out again for fun!

With the correct results up, still not quite top half, which was my goal :(

masterdabber
    Free Member

A couple more videos from yesterday’s Brass Monkeys at Minley if anyone is interested.   One more to go when I’ve edited it.

mccraque

Was a great race and course, I thought. Went through 3 laps in 1:31 and wasn’t getting any faster so decided to call it a day, nearly puking in the feed area when I finished. My first race since knee surgery so was a little apprehensive as to where I would finish. Comfortably mid pack thankfully but just outside of a series point!

There was a good mix of singletrack and passing points on the fire roads. Seemed to be a good turnout too. I turned up at 8.45am and the carparking area was already flat out.

ayjaydoubleyou

Went through 3 laps in 1:31

ah the holy grail of 2 hour racing.

mccraque

Indeed. I much prefer it to the old “long” 2 hour races, when at 1.59 you have a painful decision to make.

Kryton57

Great video’s, it never fails to stun me how slow it looks from the outside whilst you know the majority have their hearts pumping out of their chests.

Another 6 weeks & I’ll be in the mix again!

muddylegs
    Free Member

A good mornings racing in the 2 hour cat for me. Was hoping to finish within the top 15 but alas 19th for me. Not to shabby for an older geezer knocking on the door of 56. There was some rather enthusiastic over taking right at the front of the pack on that long first down hill straight probably where I lost alot of places as decided to hold back a bit, didn’t want to get involved in a spill. Course was great although I would of preferred a little bit more single track.
    All in all a darn good hard race!🙂

masterdabber
    Free Member

Great video’s, it never fails to stun me how slow it looks from the outside whilst you know the majority have their hearts pumping out of their chests.

Thanks @Kryton57   Here’s the last from Round 3. I tried to feature as many riders as possible so hope they were useful.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.