Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Brakes, Hope X2 or Shitemanhole XT's ??
  • Three_Fish
    Free Member

A more sensible comparison would be with the Tech M4. The X2 is an all-modulation XC brake. Another possibility is for a 183mm M4 front and a 160mm X2 rear.

For all I like Shimano brakes in terms of performance, their absolute non-serviceability rules them out for me. I don't ever want to have to fix my brakes, but I always want to be able to.

Goz
    Free Member

Superstar opponents, its quite clear from your last post youve yet to learn how to correctly set up a caliper etc.

julianwilson
    Free Member

For all I like Shimano brakes in terms of performance, their absolute non-serviceability rules them out for me. I don't ever want to have to fix my brakes, but I always want to be able to.

Not my favourite brakes ever, but they certainly seem to be reliable: between my mates and I we have had 6 sets of shimano hydraulics run between 6 months and 6 years, and of those 6 only one set has ever even needed bleeding (cos i needed a longer front hose when they went on a new bike).

dyna-ti

I'll just chuck my six pence worth in if nobody minds 😀
    I've just bought a pair of hopes tech x2 brakes to replace my beloved hope C2's.
    im afraid i cant offer much in the way of buying advice other than to make you aware of the tech levers fat body.it impedes most shifters,in that it makes comfortable positioning of them very difficult.I've been using 8spd Xt ones and the down shift lever only sticks out 1/4", if you run the shifters on the outside[its near impossible to fit them on the inside]
    The only older 8spd shifters i can run is stx-rc ones,and even then theyre not ideally placed,shifting isnt fluid,you have to check where your putting your finger.
    Hope this helps you decide 😳
    Sorry i havent really had much use out of them,everywhere is sheet ice
    Just a note-
    The ones i received didnt have the union jack covers on the lever,instead it looks more like a Y or a V with tech written down each side.If you get these,watch out the shop doesnt try to sell you the 2009 model, if mine is a new cover for 2010 make sure thats the one you get

who recommended Shimano 😯 ,fair enough the Xt 4pot type ones were good but the rest arent selling well at all,many shops have them heavily reduced.
    Most mechanics ive spoken to dont rate avids very highly,too many maintenance issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Brakes, Hope X2 or Shitemanhole XT's ??’ is closed to new replies.