Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • bradley wiggins
  • sockpuppet

i'm sure ITV4 made a big deal of brad being the wrong side of a split in the roll over the line a few days ago – losing c15sec…

this seems now not to have happened? did i imagine this?

Stoner
    Free Member

the race umpire reversed his decision the next day, conceding that there wasnt a "real" split in the peloton.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Race referees reinstated the finishing times, ruled that he wouldn't have lost the time of the crash didn't happen. They can do that if a crash occurs in the last 2km(?).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brad wears black socks. Must be good!

tankslapper
    Free Member

Wiggo's comments afterwards were terrific. I seem to remember him saying the umpires where probably drinking at the time!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Wiggo said that after he heard he got the 15 secs back.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Anyone hear his interview on Eurosport today?

"I'm not really interested." Made me laugh!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Considering Wiggo and Cav have both been through the performance plan the media training provided by British Cycling could do with a bit of a review.

Having said that, Cav has been much more eloquent this year – you know.

Smee
    Free Member

cyclistm – I would prefer if they just stuck to bike training.

the-muffin-man

cyclistm – I would prefer if they just stuck to bike training.

Same here – look how dull F1 drivers have become through media training!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was having a conversation about this earlier and the general decision was the cycling lacks real characters.

I mean, where are the Cipos these days, eh?

Much like F1 needs to have the playboy, the maverick, so does cycling. Why else are so many people so happy to see Palmer back racing DH?

Sports people don't and shouldn't have to be media stars, but I'd love to see some real characters out there!

the_lecht_rocks

fwiw i can't help notice how wiggins and cavendish have so much 'attitude' and general disdain and poor interview skills….discuss ?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Pretty sure they must get bored to death answering the same questions day in day out when they have just stepped off the bike after a hard day.

aP
    Free Member

Cav is actually pretty good now – just don't expect careful blabla thoughtful blabla like Hamilton from him seconds after he's won or lost a sprint.
    Brad constantly surprises me at his attitude to the media, still when he was 15 he didn't talk much either.

crikey
    Free Member

Probably because they are pro cyclists, not media whores.

Dark-Side

the_lecht_rocks – Member
    fwiw i can't help notice how wiggins and cavendish have so much 'attitude' and general disdain and poor interview skills….discuss ?

Bradley is a top bloke without a mike stuck under his nose. You try riding for five hours at race pace then having to give umpteen interviews answering the same questions for 3 weeks immediately after finishing.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I am happy to have them popping out stages and sitting nicely at the top of the GC with some 'attitude' towards the media.

Chapeau to all the GB riders at Le Tour.

uplink
    Free Member

I think one of the best answers to a question I ever heard was at the Brazilian GP a few years ago when Michael Schumacher was getting his retirement present on the grid

Martin Brundle later – live – asked Kimi Raikkinon what he thought of the presentation
    Kimi replied – "I missed it, I was taking a s**t"

EDIT: – I was nearly right

tankslapper
    Free Member

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars – the rest I just squandered."

George Best

Junkyard
    Free Member

john conteh iirc but good quote

george was drunk in bed with a Miss World winner when a waiter asked him where it all went worng iirc again.

vanilla83
    Free Member

@Dark Side: do you actually know him?

@UncleFred: 3km

llama

I admire Wiggins' apparent ability to detach himself from all the sillyness

bradwiggins Getting agro from team about how I'm handling the press, got to big up the 705 edge more

bradwiggins Worth getting a 705, good little gadget, better still hang around our bus at the finish and steal one off of the bikes

bradwiggins Just got a consignment of 9x 705's, any offers?

Not really taking it too seriously

AndyP
    Free Member

Brad wears black socks. Must be good!
    [stares in wide-eyed incredulity. Shakes head, mutters, despairs for CFH's previously pristine sense of style]

-m-
    Free Member

Interesting that Wiggins' current strategy seems to be to finish on Armstrong's shoulder/wheel in every stage…

AndyP
    Free Member

Interesting that Wiggins' current strategy seems to be to finish on Armstrong's shoulder/wheel in every stage…

he'll have to change that if he wants to stay in the top 10 😉

Bimbler
    Free Member

Has he always been this miserable seeming – I thought in years gone by he was a bit more chipper?

tinsy
    Free Member

-m- it would ne be bad plan would it… 🙂

I really laughed at the wiggins interview, he pretty much called them umpires parasites, I think it went " They are just there to take their £180 a day and have a holiday, they must have had a drink and been in a good mood so they reversed the decision"

sofatester
    Free Member

Tinsy – That's not far off the reality of the TdF 😆

BlingBling
    Free Member

May be second on the podium in Paris if he keeps it up 😉

woody2000

I met the likable Mr Wiggins outside the velodrome in Manc this year – a very nice bloke 🙂

Has anyone noticed how pleasant David Millar is this year?

mcboo
    Free Member

+1 on the need for character(s) in sport. You have all seen those ghastly Gillette adverts, Woods, Federer and Henry all smirking at the camera. Vomit.

gnarlynath
    Free Member

"You have all seen those ghastly Gillette adverts…"
    yeah, but I think cyclists use wax strips 😆

I was interviewed at the end of an event last w/e by a film crew doing a thing on triathlons. I can't believe what a pratt I sounded. As words came out of my mouth I was thinking "shut up pratt you're sounding like an idiot". But I couldn't, I'd been racing for 11 hours, I was a mess and answering questions sensibley was not possible. I feel for these cyclists. They should at least be able to go to their trailers and hide for a few minutes to rehydrate & compose themselves.
    Go Wiggins! Go Cav! Top stuff, loving it.

mudshark
    Free Member

>Has anyone noticed how pleasant David Millar is this year?

Was last year too I think.

glenp
    Free Member

nteresting that Wiggins' current strategy seems to be to finish on Armstrong's shoulder/wheel in every stage…

he'll have to change that if he wants to stay in the top 10 Yep

May be second on the podium in Paris if he keeps it up

Nope

terrahawk
    Free Member

I particularly enjoyed Wiggo's "we'll have our Weetabix and then just get on with it" comment after being asked how he felt about the next stage being a 'bit hard'.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘bradley wiggins’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM