Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • BP Congressional hearing
  • br
    Free Member

Plus their spill contingency plan appeared to be written by the YTS lad – referenced an expert at a university that he'd left a decade or two previously, not to mention he'd been dead for 4 years. Oh, and the assertion that at 48 miles out there was no likelihood of any oil reaching land, which sounds rather like wishful thinking.

It seems a few more of the Gulf Oil companies all had the same 'plan', they were also up in Congress earlier in the week.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Hayward should stand up and say "BP will payout the day you make Union Carbide pay proper compensation to the people of Bhopal"

I'd like to see the look on their faces to that one.

molgrips
    Free Member

Personally I don't think the American establishment has…

May I congratulate and thank you for this choice of phrase – rather than opting for the more ignorant 'the Americans have..' that most people go for.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Pleasure….. not keen on stereotyping…… well apart from with those cheese Eating Surrender Monkies and the Sauerkraut munching Sunbed nabbing penalty meisters who are all….Europeans!!

mikey74
    Free Member

So my views are naive huh? Why is it naive to expect commercial companies not to have any influence over national and international policies of governments? Why is it naive to expect that companies whose main responsibility is to plunder this earth of all it's resources, regardless of the effect they are having, to clean up after the mess they have created? Why is it naive, in the light of the ever diminishing oil supply, to expect that oil companies support alternative sources of fuel?
    I know the answer: It is that they will bury any alternative fuel sources until they can control the patents.

It is naive to think that oil companies are thinking for the benefit of the environment, rather than their profits.

If we don't start looking towards alternative fuel sources now, we will be left with nothing……………. NOTHING

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘BP Congressional hearing’ is closed to new replies.