Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • boxing day ride
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Just come back from a great boxing day ride around the cotswolds. Wind was pretty bitter but once warmed up i was fine. Been doing lots of man made trails recently so made a change to do some natural stuff.

Does anyone know if Chris hoy owns an aston martin? I saw an aston martin vantage in the village of broadway this morning with the number plate of HOY 8V

anyone else been out today?

will
    Free Member

Had an epic ride today. started about 8.30 at Ladybower Res. Upto Win Hill, down to Hope Cross, Over to Lockerbrook, down the beast, round the Res, upto cut-throat bridge, then back down to pub. Home.

Trails were actually quite dead. A lot of folk dordling of teh main track around the res, only saw 3 groups of bikers. First was a man and wife, on a Trance and a Coiler. 2nd bloke was on a 29er rigid ss thing, which looked actually very nice. And 3rd group were on a selection of bikes lol.

All in all, brilliant days riding!

dobo
    Free Member

I had an awesome ride at Swinley forest this afternoon. I didnt get lost exactly but went the wrong way which ment i had more trails to ride to get back on track. Did the Labyrinth trails a couple of times, pink bridges some DH stuff in between and back over to corkscrew area and doing part of the crowthorne race section and picked up the fast stoney bermed sections and back via more singletrack 18 miles in total. Not been there in ages which made it even better, had loads of energy from all the Christmas food and drink!
    The trail conditions were great, not too wet, not too dry so had plenty of grip nailing the berms.
    Plenty of spaces in the carpark and very few other riders out their. The cafe was closed and so was Sainsbury’s which meant i had stop for food at a motorway station on way back, and enjoyed the huge sunset as i traveled back down the M3.

forge197
    Free Member

Had a ride around Dalbeattie today created a shortened red route and messed about in the skills area, only 12 miles in total but very nice.

nickc

Roadie “round the block” for me. 35 miles of freezing my ass off.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Had a great ride round the Rothiemurchus trails, then a quick lap of the Badaguish course, great to be out on such a lovely cold, clear day.

schmiken

Was out on the road bike today, a nice but very cold 50 miles.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Ride on the Ute with daughter and mince pies on the back.

Dibbs
    Free Member

The Quantocks were horrendous, I saw the Shred crew, but the trails where full of walkers, mostly taking their precious grandchildren out for a walk, and the hunt followers were out ripping up the trails in their 4WD’s too.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Went for a blast over Cannock Chase, the place was full of walkers, dogs, horses, flytippers, – chuffin hopeless

Rumble602
    Free Member

Cracking ride round Dalby. Rode in from Lockton, and started at Go Ape! Drier and warmer than August when I was last up there. Back home in Derbyshire now – work tomorrow but a small price to pay for one less night with the in-laws.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Great ride up to the three brethern and then some swoopy fast singletrack. Short and fast, not dissimilar to me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘boxing day ride’ is closed to new replies.