Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bottom Bracket Weirdness
  • Miggs
    Free Member

Have anyone of you had the strange effect of the bottom bracket seizing up slightly when hanging a bike up by the front wheel?

Even more strange is the seizure is released when the bike is taken down and left standing for a few hours.

The bottom bracket I have fitted is a raceface XC external bought in 2008.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Poltergeists…or not actually caused by hanging from front wheel…or not in fact actually “slightly seizing” would be my guesses in reverse order of likelihood.

wwaswas

If you can’t free it up by stamping on the pedals with the chain off when you first take it down then I’d be surprised.

Does seem a bit odd – is it smooth if you try and rotate it with the cranks off (or with them on and the chain off)?

Miggs
    Free Member

It is smooth, but with a definite resistance. Really odd. Its free moving now its been resting on the ground.

MrTall
    Free Member

My Raceface used to sieze up way too easily if it was left for any period of time. Generally it’s because Raceface BB’s are sh1te with terrible seals.

Replaced mine with Shimano after it went (less than 900 mostly dry miles). To be fair though, my Shimano one ‘only’ lasted about 1200 miles but that was used all through the winter in god awful conditions….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bottom Bracket Weirdness’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM