Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Booths whisky offers
  • grum
    Free Member

Some great offers at the mo. You have to scroll quite a way down to see them.

http://www.booths.co.uk/offers/

Anyone had Aberlour 16? Laphrouaig Quarter Cask is pretty bargainous if you like the hardcore Islay shizzle.

Edit: sorry southerners! 🙂

warton
    Free Member

Edit: sorry southerners! and Proper Northerners

FIFY

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

warton – Member
    and Proper Northerners

Is that because they cant afford to shop at Booths?

crazy-legs

Sainsbury’s had Glenmorangie on offer at £20 last week – not sure if it’s stll discounted but it was too good to pass up!

Mr_C
    Free Member

I bought a bottle of the Leapfrog quarter cask after someone posted a PSA on here last week. I’m saving it for my birthday on Sunday. My favourite whisky is Lagavullin – how does the Laophroaig compare.

sparksmcguff

Mr C Lagavulin is very different to Leapfrog. The Laophroaig is very TCP’ish (but I like it), smoky, and tastes of Isla – think of it like the fleece lining of your soft shell. Lagavulin on the other hand, well that tastes of – well superlatives are not enough but think of it like goose down. Both are great.

grum
    Free Member

You’ll love it I reckon. It’s bloody strong though – I usually have a splash of water in mine.

I’d agree with more TCP like. Definitely less classy than Lagavulin but still very nice IMO.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Got a half bottle of Jura elixir for 12quid at sainsburys on sunday.

grim168
    Free Member

Singleton 20 quid at asda. Its a nice easy drinking malt.

Nick

Aberlour 16 is lovely, get some, massively more interesting than cheap stuff like Jura.

meehaja
    Free Member

Morrisons had a lot of offers on today, lots of £5 off type deals. Can’t remember what I’m drinking, but its very nice and down to £20..

NZCol

I have been offered a few bottles
    15 yo Springbank, I love the 12yo
    Bruichladdich Fino sherry 1992
    Bunnahabhain 18yo
    Any 1st hand experience appreciated

warton
    Free Member

I got a full bottle of the jura superstition last week, lovely!

warton – Member
    and Proper Northerners
    Is that because they cant afford to shop at Booths?

we’ve got an iceland and farmfoods, what more do you need???

globalti
    Free Member

Booths really is a first-class retailer, they support as many local producers as they can. Their Windermere store has a pretty good cafe and nice warm comfortable bogs too….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

we’ve got an iceland and farmfoods, what more do you need???

🙂

To be fair,its only the tourists who can afford to shop at Booths

IHN

Waitrose also have a good whisky sale at the moment. I got a bottle of Highland Park last night with 20% off.

Which of the ‘new’ Juras is the same as the ‘old’ Jura?

jp-t853

Booths is good, it supports local companies, if you cook most food from scratch I think you save money shopping there.

Best of all it has cracking booze offers the wine is genuine sale offers rather than stuff marked up high to sell cheap next week. I used to work at Jennings brewery but the cheapest place for me to buy bottles of Cocker Hoop was Booths.

Mrs JP came home with a bottle of Quarter Cask the other week and seemed rather pleased with herself until I pointed out that I still had half a bottle and prefer Brandy now 😳

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve already partaken of the Old Pulteney for £20 at Booths.
    Rather partial to it and had been keeping an eye open for Booths whisky sale starting. About 25% gone already. 😛

djglover
    Free Member

booths is ace, I don’t care how much of a snob that makes me sound ‘cos i had a big mac meal too yesterday.

Always has loads of good ale offers on too

Waitrose likewise, a bit further from me, but their reward card gives free coffee in the cafe at every trip!!

Bloody brilliant these posh supermarkets

kevin1911

Singleton 20 quid at asda. Its a nice easy drinking malt.

Woo hoo guess where I’m going after work! And then to Morrisons for a bottle of Jack for a tenner.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Any one know of any good Gin offers at the moment? export stregth for martinis, the making thereof.

S’s have bombay saphire at 17 a litre, but I’m not wildly fond of that.

S’s have Juras Origin and superstition at 22 each at present.

richmtb

Tesco have Balvennie double wood for £25

Good price for a lovely malt

traildog
    Free Member

Booths is great. It’s my local supermarket both where I live and where I work. They usual have some sampling at this time of year as well, so you can be sure you get one you like.
    Booths have a reputation as being expensive but they have so many good bargins in there that I can often buy things cheaper than if I make the trek to Morrisons. And I don’t have to suffer the unwashed masses either. 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Yeah I’m a fan of Booths – it is pricy but you do get quality often local stuff in there. Couldn’t afford to do all my shopping there though – its impossible to spend less than about £20 in there!

I picked up some of the Aberlour – it’s very nice if unspectacular. More ‘drinkable’ than the Islay stuff I usually favour.

BenjiM

I got a full bottle of the jura superstition last week, lovely!

I bought a bottle of Isle of Jura Prophecy from Master of Malt on Sunday seeing as our local whisky merchant (D.Byrne – Clitheroe) doesn’t stock it!

grum
    Free Member

There’s a good wine and whisky shop in Skipton.

Cougar

Which of the ‘new’ Juras is the same as the ‘old’ Jura?

Origin, I think.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Booths whisky offers’ is closed to new replies.