Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bonobo's new album – The North Borders.
  • jekkyl

Isn’t it brilliant, not a great deal of musical progression from the last but who cares when we get tunes this good. Current favourites are track 1, 8 and 11.
    The wife and I are booked to see him/them live in that there London in May, rail tickets booked down from Stafford. Looking fwd to it very much. 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

good shout. where’s the gig – might join you!

grum
    Free Member

Love Bonobo – not heard the new album yet but will pick it up soon.

jekkyl

It’s at the Roundhouse in Camden, he’s touring the rest of the UK but this is the only one on a Saturday iirc. I saw him at the Roundhouse on the last tour as well and it was ace.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Even better – love that place!

grum
    Free Member

When you say ‘him’, what is the live setup?

jekkyl

Simon plays the bass usually right in the middle and then I suppose he has some musicians he has worked with before to perform on the other instruments and the artists who sing on the tracks, it’s all live.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I saw Bonobo live a couple of years ago and loved it so I have tickets for the Nottingham gig on 20th May. Couldn’t make the Roundhouse gig as I have my daughter that weekend. Pity as I love that venue and it looks like a big day out.

rwc03
    Free Member

Got excited then but tickets all sold out, sounds like a great day

grum
    Free Member

Simon plays the bass usually right in the middle and then I suppose he has some musicians he has worked with before to perform on the other instruments and the artists who sing on the tracks, it’s all live.

Ta, was wondering if some of it was sequenced.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Not digging it as much as Black Sands or Dial M but good stuff, Cirrus and Ten Tigers the stand out tracks for me.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I went into HMV at the weekend to buy it as I was in town. No sign of it in there so I bought it on Amazon instead. I did buy the new Sasha Involver album while I was in store though. That is well worth a listen.

DezB
    Free Member

Wanted to like it, but just found it too bland. Preferred Black Sands remixed.

theflatboy
    Free Member

ooh, good shout on new sasha – i had the fundacion mix on over the weekend while doing bits round the house. cracking stuff. the involvers are class too. will have to track down the new one.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bonobo's new album – The North Borders.’ is closed to new replies.