Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • boilers2go anyone ? grant oil combis anyone ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

considering buying a boiler from boilers2go

any reason not to ? as most suppliers claim warrenty is direct with grant (its a grant vortex eco 15/21 external oil combi)so i see no reason why id want to pay 1500 quid RRP instead of 1200 with this crowd or 1900 (not fitted) with a local supplier…..

any one got experiance with grant combis or had to deal with grants warrenty service ?

alternative choices welcome but must be combi and must be outdoor. looked at renewables but for now i need hot water(we have had none for 6 months now) and this is the easy fit lower cost option to get me through a couple of years till i can do an extension and look into incorporating solar thermal into it

Smudger666

Grants are an excellent boiler – thoroughly recommend them as a company.

Can’t talk about their warranty service – never used it except for one being damaged out of the box.

Bear
    Free Member

Why not fit an unvented cylinder and heat it up with an immersion heater? Could buy a solar ready cylinder too for the future, then look at heating further down the line, especially as there is supposed to be an announcement about domestic RHI tariff soon. It might make biomass or a heat pump a more viable alternative.

Or buy a cheap direct unvented cylinder for a couple of years?

mst
    Free Member

I’m likely to have a 2 year old Worcester Bosch 25/32 external unit for sale if you’re interested ?

Smudger666

Or what bear said!

Grant also make the betst wood pellet boiler n the market IMHO!

totalshell

if your only after hot water Bears’s is the best solution..

chris36860
    Free Member

I fit a fair few oil boilers and only fit Grant. They use the best burners (Riello) and have a great service dept. Warranties are very good as they allow any Oftec engineer to carry our repairs and then pay them direct. The vortex external is a very efficient reliable boiler.

Bear
    Free Member

Smudger – bold claim re the pellet boiler!
    I’ve not tried theirs but they are not generally recognised as being one of the best. Okofen, HDG, Windhager, Froling would possibly de recognised as the big four.

Their oil boilers are fine, although not sure Riello are the best burners, expensive parts compared to others and you have to use a Riello spare. Saying that they are a good burner just haven’t found them to be significantly better than other makes.

But as I said if you are just looking for hot water then an unvented cylinder will be cheapest and easiest. My local City Plumbing have got a couple of direct units that they are selling on a make them an offer so could be quite cheap.

trail_rat
    Free Member

sorry bear that was misleading.

When i say im looking for hot water i mean i have none atm due to a **** boiler costing me loads to run and a manual valve to choose between heating and hot water..

I dont have the space required for a pellet boiler. – i also require it to require zero input from mrs T-R as i spend long periods working abroad – the house one day may also be rented out.

a 25/32 will be too big for me sorry !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘boilers2go anyone ? grant oil combis anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.