Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bog Trotters 1000th documented ride – Hummer Lane at night
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

click pic for bigger

all 1000 here

unfortunately the GPS conked out so I'll have to do the route by hand…

ton

barnes………….a 1000 rides with you.
    sutcliffe got a easier sentence than that………… 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

barnes………….a 1000 rides with you

by my count I wasn't on about 70 of those, though there were another 5 or 6 hundred before I started carrying a camera 🙂

MartinGT
    Free Member

Hehe Ton

Top pics Simon as usual. Whats happend to the dudes bike that brokey?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Whats happend to the dudes bike that brokey?

he said it had a lifetime warranty on the frame so he's looking forward to getting a nice new one 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Amazing milestone for what seems like a very successful club.

Gary_C

he said it had a lifetime warranty on the frame so he's looking forward to getting a nice new one

Hope so.I know that some manufacturers will only replace the swing arm,& not the full frame.

(Yeti,for one,in my experience)

Diane
    Free Member

You guys certainly are an active bunch!!

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Simon,
    Always like your photos – are you just using the bike lights in some of the photos or are you also using a remotely triggered flash – I'm not sure I can tell which from this set of photos.. I think I now use PTGui after a recommendation from you too on a previous thread.
    Good effort on the 1000 rides – I'd like to come out as 'guest' at some point if I'm up your way.
    Cheers for the input, Mark

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

are you just using the bike lights in some of the photos or are you also using a remotely triggered flash

I dislike flash – and in any case, by the time I'd have it set up everyone would be long gone 🙂 This was just lucky happenstance – I was gobsmacked when I saw how well it had come out! If I had used flash it would say so in the EXIF info under the shot on the website…

all welcome on rides 🙂

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Cheers Simon, Yep – I thought that was a particulary eye catching shot in the OP up top, hence the questions on set-up. Do you just turn up the ISO rating (is that the ASA 2000 in your EXIF info) on your camera to get the night shots? Are you fiddling with white balance (or is that above and beyond your call of duty)? Cheers, Mark

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Do you just turn up the ISO rating (is that the ASA 2000 in your EXIF info) on your camera to get the night shots?

yes

Are you fiddling with white balance

I leave it on auto. I've had problems with odd colour balance on the D300, with everything coming out too yellow by default, so I use auto and raw in case I need to fix it up later, though I find that hard as I'm partially colour blind!

antigee

impressed and always enjoy the pics and route maps

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and route maps

ironically the map's not working for the 1000th ride – I had GPS troubles so had to enter it into MM by hand and it's not outputting the altitude profile which is breaking my Javascript 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

map fixed but no altitude yet

lowey

Well done mate. Very impressive.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bog Trotters 1000th documented ride – Hummer Lane at night’ is closed to new replies.