• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by wors.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Blue pig video…….very good!
  • lock
    Free Member

arrrgh cant make up my mind if i want a pig or m bop,

i test rode the bop and liked the feel and weight,and it did sprint well,cant get a test ride on a pig ,iknow it will be heavier but does look better but does it ride better,anyone got a pig in the south crawley/dorking area i could test ride

plumber
    Free Member

top gear much?

Stoner
    Free Member

good vid. nice build too. pity it's only got kiddie sized wheels though 🙂

smiffkin

Lock, I have the same dilemma. The BP looks just so much nicer than the MB. I haven't ridden either but would definitely like to own one or t'other. I wondered if the MmmBop would be a harsh ride?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

anyone got a pig in the south crawley/dorking area i could test ride

Don't Nirvana Cycles now do Ragleys?

Can they not help you out with a test ride?

lock
    Free Member

yep they do ,only the mbop as a demo though,whats the weight differance in the frames

heihei

Nirvana were considering building up the BP – might be worth giving them a call.

brant
    Free Member

pity it's only got kiddie sized wheels though

I decided I wanted it to handle, and give people options on forks and tyres 😉

lock
    Free Member

give us some feedback on the ride of the 2 bikes please mate,im not a number basher not bothered about sag measurements :lol:just weight,ride feel and colours(so shallow)

im selling me stiffee frame to help fund one,you mentioned some were you might even pop down to nirvana bikes for a ride ,let me know if you can sort out a b pig medium test ride,if you do come down this way we do a good ride from nirvana every wed 😉

DaveF2
    Free Member

Slightly gay video. Cool bike.

Trekster

18bikes in Hope have/had an 18in demo bike.
    Here is the pic I took on my demo day;
    http://myragley.com/?page=3

A wee vid on page 2 is me on mine 😆
    http://myragley.com/?c=1&page=2

just weight

.. no idea, I just built it using bits from my v-old Bontrager and my Kona Dawg. It is more about how it rides.

ride feel

…..mmmmm. With some decent forks on it I am sure(know)it is better. I have some 2nd hand Marz something or others fitted till I can afford something else. It does however feel stiff compared to my v-old Bonty. It should considering all that gusseting and bigger tubes. However the rear end feels nice and forgiving. I have a dodgy back and have been out for 3/4hr trail centre rides without a twinge. That is why I bought it after a 4hr Peaks demo ride from the door of the shop. I do like the solid feel of where the rear brake is mounted, I do think that helps braking power. Sprinting power is good. Climbing is good, and I am not the worlds best at that no matter what the bike is due to knee and back problems. Overall me and the Pig just clicked first time.
    On the downs?? I pedalled past a couple of guys on a very rocky decent on my demo bike. One was on a Heckler and the other a Giant fs of some kind. My mate could not keep up on his v- light, 26lb Heckler 😈
    There are the geometry experts on here who say that it should be good at this or bad at that and so far as I am concerned they are all talking out of their collective rears 😳 It is a good trail centre bike, it does climb well, it does descend well, it is an all day in the hills bike, just does everything I want/need from a bike 😆

and colours

… Orange or Black atm. Ended up with the black cause I could not wait for an orange to be ordered/delivered.

wors

one of our local downhill runs is around 1.5 miles long, on my old aluminium ht my legs felt really pumped at the bottom, on my blue pig it doesn't, i guess this is due to the "give" of the steel, climbing is great too no front wheel wander, really happy with mine, getting faster downhill too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Blue pig video…….very good!’ is closed to new replies.