Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Blooming rubbish stupid weather
  • emma82
    Free Member

I hate this country sometimes. I’m gonna blow a lamp in my light box if summer doesn’t get here soon. Stupid country 🙁 Stupid weather 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

WTFU

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Could be worse – you could be in Iceland or Greenland.

Its already getting noticeablely lighter here

emma82
    Free Member

crikey – What does the U stand for?

TJ – I know, I am just wallowing because I got soaked walking home from work and I’ve had a crap day. Wish I did kick boxing or something!

crikey
    Free Member

The original phrase was HTFU, there’s a video on you-tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc which is a comedian pretending to be a famous Aus criminal. THe STW version is MTFU but because you are a lady, the equivalent is WTFU.

You can’t change the weather, you just have to get on with it.

emma82
    Free Member

Oh I thought you meant ‘what the ….’ u. Thanks for that 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

You could always move to Australia 🙂
    Mentally warm down south today compared to recent weeks!
    Though putting on wet socks and sticking them in wet shoes wasn’t so great.

crikey
    Free Member

…and, although at first glance it sounds like a throw-away remark, it’s actually meant as a shorthand version of ‘yes I know the weather is poo, it’s always poo at this time of year, but it’s not going to change and the only way to deal with it is to accept it and just get on and bloody well do it you’re better off than a massive number of people and the weather should be seen as a challenge to be overcome rather than an impossible problem and while we’re on the subject, how many fancy gore-tex style jackets and warm base layer style things do you have but never go out and actually use? this is the way I motivate myself when it’s cold and grim and wet and I think that we should all be a bit more grateful and get on out there and actually do something whenever we can because the day will come when you can’t actually do it anymore and on that day you will wish that you had seized every opportunity and gone out and bloody well enjoyed it’.

If you get my meaning..

emsz
    Free Member

Emma I got told to LTFU the other week! I hate this time of year as well, haven’t ridden off road in months, too scared. Running instead, too Knackered now to care about the rain LOL

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Shock horror – winter weather in winter how am i going to cope.

emma82
    Free Member

Well, the most active I have been is moving from sofa to fridge for beer and playing dance central on xbox.
    I know I should just man up. However, I don’t want too. So I’m just going to wallow for a bit longer. I may attempt to ride my bike this wknd after I’ve tried on some weddin dresses so that should perk me’ up 🙂 but not if it’s still raining. Grrr I hate January, it’s my least favourite month of the year ever.

emsz
    Free Member

Wedding dresses? Congratutions! 😀

Traditional white? Cream? Something wild?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oooooooooooooooooohhhhh I lurrrrrrrrrrrrve wedding dress shopping! 😀

cinnamon_girl

I agree with some of what crikey is saying but the Winters have got progressively worse over the last few years. Thank goodness for Goretex. 🙂

Definitely wearing decent wet weather gear helps or, do what I did on Sunday, an exploratory ride following study of an OS map. I guess it’s adjusting the attitude, as it were.

Happy weekend shopping. 😀

ronjeremy
    Free Member

TSY, do they still make them in your size?

(or is that another activity date idea??)

CountZero

I hear Queensland and Brisbane are particularly nice at this time of year…

sharki
    Free Member

Without the rain this country gets. You’d not be able to enjoy the lush green woods that you can ride through.

The sweet smelling flowers of spring and summer.

Those tranquil flowing streams and rivers wouldn’t be and neither would the buzzing of the summer bee’s.

Most of us mountain bikers love the outdoors, without those raindrops the Island would turn to dust.

All that’s left of this place, is it’s beauty.

When the bluebells come out and the leaves start to unfold, if you smile and enjoy. Then thank the storms.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ron J – with the expanding waist size of the average Brit I’m sure I’ll find something to fit… anyhoo I’m quite slender don’t you know. 😉

I know a girl who had a guy (nutjob) propose to her on a 2nd date so maybe some guys would actually consdier that! 😯

ronjeremy
    Free Member

normally TSY i’d reply with a “this thread is useless without pictures…” but today i’ll think i’ll pass!!

cinnamon_girl

Anyone else getting worried about TSY. ❓

You OK His Awesomeness? Are you coping with all these young ladies? Is this your night off? 😉

emma82
    Free Member

Yes emsz getting hitched finally in august this year. Have found my dress but just want to play princess a few more times. Can’t say to much bout it as hub to be is a closet lurked here!!!
    Crikey/c_g you are right about getting the right, I got loads for Christmas so should get using it. Got some overshoes Which made a hellava difference last wknd.
    Tsy-I reckon you would look good in an a line strapless full bodied skirt!!! Obv with a massive train!!!
    And sharki you are right, winter always leads to a beautiful spring. Just feels very long sometimes!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Wait a minute… a strapless full bodied A line skirt… that’s nonsense surely? 👿 Jeez, some people come here for serious advice!

Why are you worried C_G ❓ It’s the fact that I’m doubling up gym sessions that I’m reaching burnout… and that two of them have the same name.

emma82
    Free Member

*getting the right gear!! I always miss the key words out!

* jeez tsy-my brain is mush. I meant dress not skirt. Either way I’m sure ud look dead sexy! Mwah

sharki
    Free Member

Time flies when you’re having fun, hence feeling the spring and summer go so quickly.

If Autumn and Winter feel long, you need to increase the fun times and make the most of the wet times.

It’ll not be so easy within the dark wet hours, but cease the day and don’t wait the the dryness to come, embrace the wet times and spring will soon be amongst us.

emma82
    Free Member

Very true sharki, you are very philosophical tonight! But tis good advice 🙂 I am going to try and be less miserable tomorrow 🙄

maxray
    Free Member

It’s not so bad, did 70k of commute on back roads and lanes today in torrential rain. Feel really good for it, once you are wet it can’t get a lot worse! 😀

sharki
    Free Member

emma82 – Member
    Very true sharki, you are very philosophical tonight! But tis good advice I am going to try and be less miserable tomorrow

I always am filosoppical.
    If i type or write in a negative way, i will think and feel in a negative way and get a grump on.

Positive writing, makes for a positive mind = life.

You’re in love, getting murried and are, i’m sure an attractive and fit young lady.

What could you possibly be miserable about with all that.

Smile and see your reflected smile in those around you.(Well technically you’ll only see those you are looking at, so if their all around you you cannot possibly see them all). 😕

emma82
    Free Member

aww that’s lovely sharki, I still feel grumpy today though I’m blaming PMT now so hopefully it’ll be gone in a day or two and I’ve booked a half day off work tomorrow so I can buy some treats when I’m done with the official typey things at the registry office 🙂

I have decided I am going to start again next week with a new positive attitude. Until then I reserve the right to yell at anyone who comes near, strop, cry and generally moan at anyone who will list 😈

KonaTC

it’s only a drop of rain

and

surprisingly you are water proof

LoCo
    Free Member

I’ve just spent 20 mins sat in a massive puddle trying to get my car to start again, if that makes you feel any better 😀

emma82
    Free Member

Actually Kona, I’m not sure that i am water proof, If I stay out in rain long enough I seem to go all wrinkly then I swear a little bit mouldy too 😆

Loco – I got showered by some scrotum yesterday who decided it would be funny to drive through a puddle really fast and get me wet, so I can sympathise but I am staying grumpy for now! 8)

mamadirt
    Free Member

Its already getting noticeablely lighter here

Not here is blimmin well isn’t. It was lovely and light over Christmas – maybe due to the snow or quite possibly cos I wasn’t getting up till late 😆

rOcKeTdOg

What are you moaning at? The snow was great fun to ride in and now It’s raining it’s 12 degrees!

Love “LTFU” though 🙂

KonaTC

Actually Kona, I’m not sure that i am water proof, If I stay out in rain long enough I seem to go all wrinkly then I swear a little bit mouldy too

Emma, the funniest comment I have read in ages, thanks for making me smile 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

if it helps, i got a job in the alps to avoid the crap weather in the uk, am in morzine and its been hovering between 5 and 10 degrees for most of the past 2 weeks… snow is awful and i don’t have my bike out here yet 🙁

emma82
    Free Member

Emma, the funniest comment I have read in ages, thanks for making me smile

🙂

Bunnyhop

emma82 – Are you going to ‘trash the wedding dress’ after the event?
    Some guy from here took some great pictures post wedding, of his bride, riding DH, rock climbing and skiing in her fantastic frothy gown.

emma82
    Free Member

Brilliant! I wasn’t planning on trashing it, I was just going to have it altered to wear as a summer strappy dress. I suppose I could use the left over material as a buff!! I couldn’t wear it to ride DH, my boobs would fall out 🙄

RealMan
    Free Member

It’s already getting warmer here (Exeter). Been wearing less and less every ride. Saw a guy in shorts today as well. Pretty wet at the moment though.

sharki
    Free Member

Realman.

How on earth can you say that on the back of Emma saying her boobs would fall out?

Emma. 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Blooming rubbish stupid weather’ is closed to new replies.