Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Blindfold for sleeping?
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Hope the hive can recommend something to help me sleep a bit better?
    Other half doesn’t like a dark bedroom, whereas I do.
    So we have to compromise. i.e. I shut up.
    So I thought perhaps a blindfold would help. I don’t have trouble getting to sleep, but if I wake up to go to the loo and its light, I struggle to get back to sleep, which is a PITA given sunrise is silly early at this time of year!
    Any suggestions gratefully received. I dont want anything thats heavy or made from warm material. Would something made with silk be a good idea or not?

scotroutes

Something made from a flexible, natural medium that would cover your eyes without being heavy or sweaty, that would always be to hand, easy to carry around and not get lost?

I have the ideal thing – I call them “eyelids”.

(sorry – a curtains-open sleeper)

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4cp-DOq4To[/video]

or one of these

GrahamS

Other half doesn’t like a dark bedroom

Get the other half a little night light if they are still scared of the dark? Or maybe one of these: https://www.pillowpets.co.uk/dream_lites 😆

(We have full blackout blinds in our bedroom. Pitch black even in the middle of the day – essential when the missus is on night shifts!)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anything less sequinny?

bigyinn
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Other half doesn’t like a dark bedroom

Get the other half a little night light if they are still scared of the dark? Or maybe one of these: https://www.pillowpets.co.uk/dream_lites

(We have full blackout blinds in our bedroom. Pitch black even in the middle of the day – essential when the missus is on night shifts!)
    So make the curtains thick and light up the room, err how will that work?

mikey74
    Free Member

I have to admit I’ve thought about this. Earplugs too, as my bedroom window opens out into the street and I like to sleep with it open. However, it can get noisy.

woody2000

I’d hate having something over my face whilst sleeping, horrible! Can’t she sleep in a different room (house!)? 😈

GrahamS

So make the curtains thick and light up the room, err how will that work?

Well ideally you get a nightlight (or pillow pet) that turns itself off after a while and only turns on when your partner wakes up and thinks there might be a monster in the wardrobe.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Naah the monster is in bed beside her, mwahahaha!

johndoh
    Free Member

Total blackout eye masks are readily available from the Post Office – alongside all the other holiday essentials.

I use one when camping.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve gone for an ultra expensive padded one from e-bay, a whole £2.05. At least if I dont get on with it I haven’t lost much.

scotroutes

You can always use it for sexy games. Just whip it out when you can’t get back you sleep….

bigyinn
    Free Member

Are you suggesting I change my partner as well?

johndoh
    Free Member

Just whip it out when you can’t get back you sleep….

That usually works for most men 😉

DrP

I’m fine at home, but need a blindfold if bivvying/in a tent.

Dark buff FTW!

DrP

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve got this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001UL3BS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

worked perfectly for me when I was overseas.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Pretty sure I got a pair of silk liner gloves from Jasmine for the winter.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Other half doesn’t like a dark bedroom, whereas I do.
    So we have to compromise. i.e. I shut up

I’m sure I’ve seen websites that sell eye masks to keep the light out and those funny ping-pong ball on string type things to help keep you quiet 😆

sootyandjim
    Free Member

As a nurse I work both day and night shifts. I use an eye mask when sleeping off nights.

I’ve a stash of them, nab a few whenever I fly longhaul.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

You can always use it for sexy games.

Mrs MR has one – it puts me in mind of Sybil Fawlty for some reason.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When I used to do nightshift, I used a buff, and it also served to hold in my ear plugs. I did generally tend to wake up too warm though!.

fasthaggis

OP,you could always go for the whole Guantanamo vibe. 😉

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Gimp mask?

willard

Just go and buy a pair of topcats from a supermarket! Or, failing that, use a Buff. Has the added benefit of not falling off when trapped in transit in a desert shithole.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Blindfold for sleeping?’ is closed to new replies.