Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Blacka Moor down hill
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Where does it start?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ride allong the road at the top, theres a gap in the wall with a bridlepath sign, There are 2 or 3 tracks running down the hill, not overy technical but quite quick with not a whole lot of grip.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not thinking devils elbow

hoochylala
    Free Member

Gets pretty fast at the end as you run into Dore as far as I remember -watch out for the waterbars! Did a good route incorporating blacka moor, houndkirck (sp?) road and stanage edge – quite alot of road spinning thoough 🙁

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i am familiar with 99% of it just this one downhill section seen on a vid that i have no clue about.

Steveh off here posted it on his facebook

jfletch
    Free Member

There are 3. Just look for the 3 bridleways going south from the A625.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Pretty sure that track you’re asking about is the one that we have been asked not to ride anymore due to being built on a scheduled monument and a SSSI.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

looks well ridden on the video

hoochylala
    Free Member

These 2 here isnt it?

blacka downhill

matthew_h
    Free Member

It was well ridden but we’ve subsequently been asked to not ride it any more.

Si
    Free Member

Sheep Skull…drop me a amil and I can help you out

I thought it was still fine to ride as long as there is no more digging on it. Otherwise it will be shut down

Despite it being SSSI, Natural England has other criteria to meet as well, in particular encouraging access to the countryside for all, health benefits etc. Hence why so long as no further digging it might accepted by the Eastern Moors Partnership.

FOG

Apparently there are some ancient stone hut remnants up there and people were using bits of them to build jumps etc. as well as dig out stuff but I too thought it was alright to use as long as you didn’t do any more digging. Nice bit of continuity there though, 3000 years ago people dig holes-make huts, 2011, people dig holes- make jumps!

ahwiles
    Free Member

almost right.

the site is littered with stones, and archaeologists haven’t quite worked out which stones were once part of stone-age-dave’s house, and which stones are just stones.

the number of stones that have been moved in the name of mountain biking probably adds up to about 12.

the number of stones that have been used in the stone wall that cuts across the site can probably be counted in tens of thousands.

whatever, we’ve been asked nicely (told gently) not to ride there.

the people what have done the asking/telling have been quite groovy about it all, and there are plans afoot to keep bikers biking, just not exactly there.

(i forget who exactly it is doing the asking nicely/gentle telling)

don’t let me tell you what to do, i’m just passing on what we’ve been asked/told.

swisstony
    Free Member

yes i was riding there today and i did attend the recent access meeting where it was discussed. Anything above the wall is now uncool to ride for reasons mentioned above but below is fine on the proviso that no further digging takes place.

There’s lots of other new stuff though but i’m not posting it up on here.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Where is it – streetmap link or email would be cool

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Blacka Moor down hill’ is closed to new replies.