Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Black eye friday/mad friday.
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Stay safe out there. 😀

What us the local name for the last friday before christmas where you are?

wwaswas

What us the local name for the last friday before christmas where you are?

‘the end of term’ this year.

More generally we call it ‘Oh, it’s Friday! It’ll be Christmas in less than a week’

heckler73
    Free Member

mad friday up here in inverness too, but im tempted to head out for the entertainment , but im gonna head aviemore or strathpeffer for a bike ride , then sauna n chill when i get back, more sensible decision methinks, anyone heading out, ENJOY ……………..

ojom
    Free Member

mental friday i call it.

Will be avoiding town later on the way home!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mad Friday here too.

It’s never been anything to write home about in the time I’ve been up here though. Slightly-busier-than-usual Friday would be more accurate.

I quite like Black Eye Friday though.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Friday

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Black Eye Friday round here. I’ll be at home though, trying to juggle packing suitcases of presents with 2 small over-excitied children…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Back when the thorntons factory was still in belper it was a legendary piss up from 1pm right through! How tha place has changed!

binners

The truly maddest Friday I’ve ever seen was in Whitehaven. It resembled a war zone at kicking out time, with bodies passed out on pavements, people literally keeling over sideways into the street, and rivers of vomit.
    Though, to be fair, there were no kick offs that I saw

seosamh77
    Free Member

the friday before christmas.

Pyro

I might have been one of those zombies, Binners. Workington and Whitehaven both get pretty mental on Mad Friday. Keswick’s not far behind them some years.

ton

mad friday gets pretty mad in Leeds.
    stay local and stay safe.
    i might venture out on the bike, to a nice quiet hostelry for a pot or 2 this teatime.

Drac

Mad Friday in my current town, Builder’s Day in the one just over the moors and my home town we called it Friday.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

When is the STW equivalent?

Every day I reckon.

honeybadgerx

binners – Member
    The truly maddest Friday I’ve ever seen was in Whitehaven

Seconded, I used to go out with a lass from there, we popped into to town at about 4pm to get a dvd and there were riot police ready on the street corners! I think it was the Friday that all the Sellafield workers finished.

Junkyard
    Free Member

with bodies passed out on pavements, people literally keeling over sideways into the street, and rivers of vomit.
    Though, to be fair, there were no kick offs that I saw

Well no one could stand let alone kick so hardly surprising

I think we have just cured alcohol related violence – its even more alcohol

jonba
    Free Member

Black eye Friday. Heading into the Toon for works drinks, normally an interesting experience.

brakes
    Free Member

as is typically in the City, Mad Thursday is the new Mad Friday. I’m sat at work feeling the aftermath (not a euphemism).

yunki
    Free Member

Builders day round here

Cougar

It’s just one day during Silly Season.

timraven

Black Friday, I run a pub, which rarely has trouble, tonight is the biggest stress.

Scaffolders tend to be the worst, round here anyway.

Still have fun all.

bikebouy
    Free Member

In Shiney Town (Canary Wharf) it’s a rather civilised “Jolly Friday” where everyone says “Top Ho” and “Jolly Holidays” and “Say Hi to Great Aunt Matilda for me would you dearest love, MWAxxx MWA Dahhrling”

Then we all fumble off for a glass of Champers in the Bars.. and catch the Tube/Cab/Flights/Boris Bike/Porsche “home”

So “Jolly Friday” everyone.

stanfree
    Free Member

‘Piece box Friday’ as all the tradesmen end up in the pub in there working clothes and piece / lunch box. My first experiance of this was getting my nose split open when I was 17 by 20 stone middle aged guy who took a dislike to me as I walked past him to the toilets. I was gutted as I had saved up for a white lacoste jumper which turned red pretty quickly.
    Working as a train driver years later the site of men and more so women who cant handle there drink and struggle to get home or fall asleep on trains never ceases to amaze me.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

damp squib day, loads o hype, recession really hitting pub trade here–

d45yth
    Free Member

I might have been one of those zombies, Binners. Workington and Whitehaven both get pretty mental on Mad Friday.

Aye, us West-Cumbrians know how to do it properly!

D0NK

apparently mad/black friday was last week in manchester, heavy police presence et., seems to have been pretty quiet commutes the last couple days wondering if loads of people booked off the end of this week and did all the work dos last week.

Of course remains to be seen what actually happens tonight but as I’m leaving work soon I shan’t be around to witness it.

soobalias
    Free Member

the rare occasion of Christmas being Sat/Sun/Mon makes it all the worse as Black friday is the final day of work and Christmas eve (des)

hoping tonight will be tempered by there still being 3 days grace.

still wont be in town tonight and thoughts with my friends who work doors/bars

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Black eye Friday where I am, Lancashire.

I will mainly be avoiding pubs today and tonight.

Northwind

The club I used to work in called it “s***e fight night”- enormous amounts of trouble, but all carried out by total incompetents.

CriticalThinker
    Free Member

‘Take Cover’ its Black Eye Friday here in Consett!

binners

Well it’s developing we’ll here! There’s a works do in the pub and one of the lads is so hammered he can barely stand up! It’s not even 4! His mates have tied his legs to a chair. He can ‘t work out how to untie them. I doubt this is going to end well

Junkyard
    Free Member

good of them to leave you hands free so you can update us of your friends progress

duckman

Fight night Friday up here. I used to do the doors,on the 1200 capacity club used to have 16/18 bouncers,that night 35!And it was all handy guys,the more diplomatic staff used to get moved elsewhere for the evening. It used to be nuts.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Black eye Friday. Out with work in Durham, but we’ve bottled it and going out tomorrow instead o_O

mightymule
    Free Member

I live opposite a working mens club.

Tonight may be a tad loud.

druidh
    Free Member

+1

I’ve never heard any of those alternatives.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Black eye friday/mad friday.’ is closed to new replies.