Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bird Aeris 9 review
  • Ben_Haworth

The Bird Aeris 9 is a 160mm travel full suspension 29er made out of aluminium. Designed, specced and assembled in Britain.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/bird-aeris-9-review/

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

hopefiendboy

What is the weight of the bike you tested? Ta :-)

thegeneralist
    Free Member

No idea what any of them geometry numbers mean apart from the seatpost. Great to see manufacturers actually putting decent length droppers in new bikes so they actually fit people from the off.
    ( looking at you Trek with your ridiculous 150mm pos on the Slash)

jake123
    Free Member

They have released the AM bike since this article which is a carbon version, with very similar specs.

I have an aeris 9, I really like it. Built up with a coil, Zebs, ex511s and hope V4s. Light it isn’t, but when you point it down it’s mega

It does pedal very well, but not what you’d call ‘spritely’. I had a jeffsy before, and getting up and ‘sprinting’ was enjoyable and rewarding, that isn’t the case with the aeris.

But some of that is likely down to my choice of parts and build spec.

chakaping

Which shock are you using Jake?

I agree about the pedaling manners. I’ve felt a bit overbiked for most of my UK riding, but it really came into its own in the Alps this month.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.