Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Biking related – what is everyone looking forward to?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

… and why?

rs
    Free Member

just booked hotel in whistler for thursday to sunday during crankworx, why am i looking forward to it… eh… duh! 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I'm already hating this thread!!! 🙁

rs
    Free Member

haha… i'm pretty stoked 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I bet you are – one of my biking ambitions is to go to Canada and ride with the redwoods

yunki
    Free Member

nothing so grand for me.. I had an extra stressful week last week so countered this by going out exploring around my local trails every night for a good few hours..

I discovered a good few miles of very good trails that are new to me.. and have managed to find ways to link them all up so that me and my buddie's usual loop can be almost doubled.. There is a really loose technical climb just before the end that I haven't managed to get anywhere even close to clearing so it will sit there as a challenge every time we ride the new improved loop..

going out on it later today.. weather looks awesome.. newish tires on to test out too..
    good times

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Looking forward to getting out for a blast this aternoon, sneaking off from work for a couple of hours.
    Other than that, Sleepless in the Saddle next month & hopefully a few days in Wales.

Ringo
    Free Member

Ssuk , c2c in September and dusk till dawn might go up to Scotland for a few days as well. Also looking forward to doing a bit of bivvying

oldgit
    Free Member

Just the next ride, tonight, well race actually.
    Don't want to sound like a soggy wet hippy, but I just enjoy riding even if it's on my local patch every day. Probably why I've never ever been biking abroad, except road training.

keavo
    Free Member

10 @ kirroughtree

yesiamtom
    Free Member

going to wales in august with my brother to d osome of the southern trail centres.

Closer to now would be tonight, doing the usual fast club mtb ride. Theres always something new on it, always good people to chat to and i know that come tomorrow i'll find it hard to walk. Thats a 'night out' for me 😀

whytetrash

Welsh Coast to Coast offroad route on Friday…Cardiff here we come!

thejesmonddingo

A new (to me) frame,due to be delivered this morning,my first hardtail in22 years.
    Ian

clubber
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to proper electronically controlled shocks that are reliable and tuneable at home – it'll satisfy the inner geek in me 🙂

I'm also looking forward to a ride tomorrow evening – nothing special but dry trails are just great

Gary_M
    Free Member

My ride home tonight. Really enjoying my commute at the moment, even though the weather isn't great – windy and showers – everything just feels right on the bike at the moment.

mtb_rob
    Free Member

Looking forward to quicker handling and a livelier front end due to a 70mm stem on the way to replace the 120mm one that is currently making my bike feel like a tanker.

steveh

I'm just looking forward to being able to ride again. Broke my collar bone last week, hope to be riding again in no more than 3 from what my physio said yesterday. Until then it's turbo in front of the tour for me i think.

neil853
    Free Member

setting off for Morzine on Friday! This is the longest week at work in the world 🙄

ashfanman
    Free Member

A trip to Fort William / Laggan in a few months. Also looking forward to seeing the Evil Sect, if it ever makes it past the prototype stage…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Kielder 100, or more specifically spending a summer getting ready for it. I suspect the actual even will be one I enjoy more before and after the event rather than say, the third quarter when it is feeling "difficult".
    Oh, and getting my new daughter in the Burley Bee I won recently 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

steveh i sympathise.
    Im hoping for the ok to go ride when i go see the doc tomorrow about my fractured elbow. Only did it 3 weeks ago, but the weather has been amazing and all i've been able to do is bleed my brakes!
    Oh and this

geetee1972
    Free Member

A test ride of a Ragley Titanium this weekend. Need I explain why I am excited?

I'm looking forward to proper electronically controlled shocks that are reliable and tuneable at home – it'll satisfy the inner geek in m

It's not electronic, but the Cane Creek Double Barrel does give you the level of tunability you'll likely be looking for.

brooess
    Free Member

Dusty Surrey Hills trails tomorrow
    Moving to Manchester at the end of summer and all the superb riding opportunities it's going to bring 🙂

tang
    Free Member

4 weeks off work(paid), new bike build, tdf on the telly. riding again after bad broken toe! prob start raining tho…

stanley

A week's road trip around Scotland later this year,

Then looking forward to the colder months !

Well, I bought a bargainous new winter jacket at the weekend……. love it :-)………………………can't wait to wear it 😉

Foundry
    Free Member

Leaving work and doing some local stuff especially one climb that I have only ever come down, looking forward to the piece and quiet and not having to worry about where I am going or when I am coming back. Why because later today I have to tell my boss that the job he quoted 10 weeks to deliver will be impossible to do in less than 20 and he is going to shout. He should have asked before he quoted though which is something he never does.

willard

Looking forward to my lunchtime commute home to walk the dogs, but not so much liking the flies hitting me in the face, or the **** strimming the verge blocking the whole **** cycle track _again_!

Other than that, I think I might take the bike back home this weekend and hit the trails in one of my local woods. It's been a while since I went. Hell, I might even try Thetford on the way home.

crazy-legs

My 3 days off work starting at 5pm today!
    Road ride tomorrow then MTB Thursday and Friday.

Also the Three Peaks CX race in September.

stupot
    Free Member

Next week holiday on exmoor. Exploring a new part of uk on bike.

Oh and my honeymoon in October….weeks guided biking in spain. ace!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Leaving a week tomorrow for a 3 week road trip round the Alps.

Can't wait, leaving my job Friday too, so hopefully extra special this year 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

Going to Glentress on Saturday for a week for our anniversary, can't wait! 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

riding my bike over hills in good company, same as always 🙂

GaryLake
    Free Member

Twentyfour12 although not sure about looking forward afterall… 🙂

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Riding my mountain bike with decent brakes after a friend sorted them (and showed me how to do it) this weekend.

And next year, taking off for a few months on a biketour probably around north America.

kimbers

my new frame to turn up, wont be here till tomorrow then rush to get it built up for my uplift day at cwmcarn on saturday!

nosemineb
    Free Member

I have a 1 ride old Lynskey pro cross and an afternoon off work. Also my three peaks entry has been confirmed.
    I cant see from here but i believe the sun is shining too! Happy days!

jedi

i'm looking forward to a day when everyone rides a bike of some sort 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Friday morning Mendip ride with ScienceOfficer. I wonder if I could get to Brechfa at the weekend?

13thfloormonk

Looking forward to some easy evenings trying to make a wee film out of the local (edinburgh) city singletrack with my super-tuned Charge singlespeed, which is riding like a little rocket at the moment.

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

Hacking round the local woods on my 6 year old stiffee, now I've changed the bottom bracket and cleaned greased the stem and headset so it no longer creaks!!

Also seriously looking forward to giving the mega another go next year!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Biking related – what is everyone looking forward to?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM