Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bikes…. what would you do?
  • Buttscratcher
    Free Member

Hello,

I had three bikes, a big bike, a shorter travel XC race bike, and a carbon road bike.

The big bike was stolen, so I’ve been using the one XC race bike ever since. This is a Scott Spark with 120mm forks, and very very light kit.

I’m aiming on focussing on XC racing this season, and a lot of my training will be at trail centres with a lot of emphasis on improving my fast technical riding.

While the Spark is an awesome bike, it feel very twitchy and sketchy on fast technical, rocky stuff being so light.

I’ve still saved the insurance payout from the stolen big bike.

Would you sell the Spark, and buy a big bike and a XC race hardtail? Or, spend a bit of cash on stuff for the Spark to make it feel less sketchy? Dropper post, and slighty more durable kit – i.e. SLX, possibly forks that aren’t SIDs (so Fox 120s or Rebas), and a new high volume RP23 shock with BV for training?

The current RP23 shock needs replacing, as the body is worn and it’s pretty harsh, even after a service.

Thanks everyone

Butty

Wookster

Train as you play mate. It’s a different kettle of fish a short travel bike in rough stuff angles etc are very different, so are line choices it’s the smooth fast line over the “fun” line. You train on a alpine 160 to decend te hop on a 71 degree hard angle you’ll be surprised! 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

skill wise ride what you would in a race for both bike and terrain

cynic-al
    Free Member

What are your objectives?

Have fun? Buy whatever bike you have fun on.

Do well xc racing? Train on the road – you win on fitness unless you are crap techincally.

/THRAED CLOSED/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bikes…. what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.